Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Learn about the L&D function, the training process and the wide range of skills and qualities you need for success with this two day course.
The learning and development function can help plan and shape a workforce to meet ever changing business needs and there is a clear link between learning, motivation and the achievement of corporate goals. To do this successfully, the function need effective, efficient administration. This course provides you with the practical skills to proactively support the training, learning and development function in your organisation.
This practical course module will give you the knowledge and skills to:
- describe the key activities of the learning and development department within their organisation – and their role within it
- set up effective administration systems and procedures to underpin the learning and development function
- identify the features and benefits of a learning management system / training management system (LMS/TMS)
- design user-friendly communication which is relevant, informative, projects a professional image of the learning and development department and fits the technology environment of the parent organisation
- market training activities throughout their organisation
- integrate e-learning and traditional learning
The changing role of learning and development
- the link between organisational success and learning and development
- running the learning function as a business
- how this impacts on the role of a learning and development administrator
- the need to focus on customer expectations – and add value to the training department
The training / learning process
- the need to understand the process
- the administrator’s role within it
- putting the process into context – the training cycle
What makes a learning and development administrator successful?
- what is involved in the role
- the skills needed for success
- providing excellent customer service
The training policy
- our policy and commitment to train and develop staff at all levels
- the need to have a policy
- how we can use it to enhance learning in our organisation
Managing learning events
- an introduction to identifying training / learning needs
- highlighting alternative solutions to a training course
- keeping updated on current learning and development initiatives
- how this knowledge can help us give our customers excellent customer service
Summary of day 1 * key learning and action points
Blended learning solutions
- what is blended learning?
- how to integrate on-line and traditional learning
Designing user-friendly, professional, pre and post course documentation
- what information do we send to our customers?
- what image do we project through our documentation?
- what role does a questionnaire play in the evaluation process?
Checklists processes and procedures
- the need for effective checklists, processes and procedures.
- how to create them.
- costs and providing value for money.
Records and information
- what information must be recorded?
- review of current systems
- evaluating software systems.
Promoting learning activities
- your role in marketing the Learning and Development Department
- promoting learning
- encouraging others to take up opportunities. The way forward.
- putting ideas into action – a structured approach.
Who should attend
The New L&D Administrator course is for you if you’re new to an L&D administrator role or if you’re a training assistant or training managers’ secretary
Trust the experts
Laurell Anne Hector
I’m Laurell Hector. I’m a learning and development professional specialising in helping people who are newly appointed to managerial roles to get things right first time and to succeed quickly. I write and deliver learning and development programmes that focus on helping managers to deal effecti...