Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Enhance your own and others’ performance at work through understanding and applying cutting-edge research about the brain.
Approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development.
Many aspects of the world of work are developing extremely fast and look set to continue in this vein in the future. However, our brains do not evolve at such speed. Luckily our understanding of humans at work is gathering pace through behavioural science and particularly neuroscience. This understanding affords us opportunity to understand key limitations and mitigate them and build on our strengths in the work and non-work environment.
The interactive Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers session will provide you valuable insights about our brains at work and turn these insights into practical ideas and actions. You will leave with a deeper understanding of the brain and awareness of key elements of relevant neuroscience and how they link together. This will help to inform your understanding of yourself and those around you in order to raise individual and organisational performance. By putting the human at the centre of work, we will be able to ensure sustainable, successful and enjoyable work experiences for people.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Improve personal and organisational performance through increased understanding of the brain
- Deepen awareness of how habits form, the purpose they serve and how they can be altered
- Conceptualise emotions from the brains perspective in order to plan and manage them effectively
- have developed greater mental flexibility through knowledge of how the brain can adapt
- Increase moments of insight and creativity through understanding what is happening in the brain at these times
- Lead and navigate change effectively by keeping the brain in mind
- Introduction to fundamental brain structures and their functions
- Developing new ways to perceive, think and behave
- How habits are formed and how they can change
- Increasing moments of insight for yourself and others
- Emotions from a scientific stance
- The effects of positive psychology on individuals and groups
- The brain's reactions to change and how to plan and manage for them.
Who should attend
Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers is recommended for those who want to enhance their own and others performance/wellbeing at work through understanding and applying cutting edge research about the brain.
Trust the experts
Nick has over twenty years' experience in business management, and consulting, both overseas and in the UK. He is an insightful, commercially aware consultant, facilitator, trainer and coach with a track record of successful project delivery. Nick possesses a strategic perspective along with exc...
Gary is an Occupational Psychologist and co-owner of think. change. consulting, a firm specialising in the translation of neuroscience and psychology into practical tools and techniques in the workplace. Gary’s focus is on helping organisations to navigate change successfully and develop their w...
Neuroscience for Leaders and Managers