Negotiations and Critical Communications
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bentley University.Full disclaimer.
Improve Your Negotiation Techniques with a Two-Day Program at Bentley University
In the business world, everyone negotiates. Whether you are a CFO working on a financing, a business development professional hoping to close a deal, a manager working to reach consensus across departments or an individual making a case for an increase in salary, knowing how to negotiate well matters. This 2-day course will help you build the skills needed to understand different negotiation situations and ways to approach each. In active and engaging sessions through exercises and discussion, you will learn how to manage the flow of conversations so that you can reach a desired outcome.
- Gain confidence in managing negotiations in differing circumstances
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses and learn ways to improve both
- Anticipate and counter common strategic tactics
- Identify cultural differences that may impact business dealings
- Reduce your anxiety around approaching negotiations, both personally and in business
Join a group of peers while developing negotiation skills to advance your career.
Participants receive a Professional Certificate upon completion of this program.
Topics of Bentley Negotiations program
- Negotiation Types and Styles
- Interests vs. Positions
- Assessing Good and Bad Deals
- Identifying Potential and Desired Outcomes
- Power Negotiation: Tricks of the Trade
- Ethical Standards for Negotiators
- Pressure Tactics and Impasses
- Building Positive Long-Term Relationships
Who should attend
This program is designed to meet the needs of all managers and professionals form the public or private sector with a need or desire to sharpen their negotiation and communication skills. If you plan to work more effectively with customers, vendors, partners, colleagues, and others, than this program is for you. It is suitable for those engaged in change management role or those responsible for influencing performance outcomes. You do not need previous training in negotiation to take part in this program.
The program will especially benefit:
Middle, upper-middle and senior managers who want to improve their communication skills Individual contributors who work cross-organizationally in multi-function teams Those who work with external clients and contacts Anyone in business desiring increased confidence in the development of their career