Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Negotiating is a skill that must be learned by all managers. Master proven techniques to communicate and use power effectively during negotiations.
We all negotiate countless times a day to resolve conflicts, client problems or differences of opinion. But few of us have taken the time to think about what we are doing when we negotiate and how we could improve. In two highly-interactive days of learning, you will analyze your own negotiating style, develop a practical understanding of effective negotiating behaviours, and improve your ability to plan and conduct successful day-to-day negotiations in every situation.
- Develop a practical understanding of four key negotiations processes using current models
- Create win/win outcomes with other parties
- Maximize negotiating effectiveness using strategic, systematic, rational and analytical approaches
- How to lay the groundwork for productive negotiations
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the other negotiator(s)
- Plan for successful negotiations by setting appropriate goals, defining the issues, and gathering necessary background information
- Select negotiating strategies and tactics which are appropriate in the situation
- Communicate, persuade and use power effectively during negotiations
- Recognize when third party assistance would be helpful
- Deal effectively with cultural differences in negotiations
- Continually evaluate and improve your ability to negotiate effectively
Who should attend
Mid-level to senior managers