Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Middle and upper-level managers
- Executives in areas such as business development, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, consulting, project management, human resources, strategic alliances, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing, engineering, non-profit administration, and general management.
About the course
Learn the art and science of building winning negotiation strategies. This program covers the basics of planning, distributive and win-win negotiations, groups problem solving, multi-party negotiations, and more. Discover expert tricks of the trade and convert that expertise into a competititve advantage.
Negotiation is the art and science of securing agreements between two or more parties. It is a skill that is central to all occupations and one that is used every single day.
Negotiation is a skill that is critical to your success whether you are:
- Dealing with a highly political and emotionally charged situation
- Determining the price and terms when acquiring or selling products or services
- Allocating or requesting project resources for your teams
- Championing a new initiative for your company
- Navigating the political minefields of your firm
- Forming alliances or joint ventures with external partners
This course delivers immediate benefits. It will provide you with knowledge of a wide variety of powerful and practical negotiation skills and an opportunity to practice these skills in several experiential exercises. Participants leave the program with a firm understanding of the theory behind negotiations and the confidence to use different negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Cultivate sustainable relationships through the negotiation process
- Harness the psychology of influence tactics to help you formulate a winning negotiation strategy
- Understand how your conflict management style influences your selection of strategies and tactics in a negotiation
- Learn the tricks-of-the-trade of expert negotiators
- Convert your negotiation foes into allies
- Convert your negotiation expertise into a competitive advantage for your organization
Lori Abrams is a Distinguished Member of the Carlson Executive Educator Network. Lori is also a Strategic and Organizational Communication Consultant with broad-based experience in workforce optimization, organizational development, and change management. She has extensive experience in creating ...
Education MS 1991 Organizational Behavior Northwestern University PhD 1994 Organizational Behavior Northwestern University BA 1989 Biology and Psychology University of Rochester Expertise Social networks Teams Decision Making Negotiation Procedural Justice Priti Pradhan Shah is an Associa...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.