Who should attend
Business owners, managers, customer relations specialists, markets, salesmen, lawyers, accountants, community leaders, NGO operatives and public servants will greatly benefit from this course.
About the course
Gain skill and poise at the negotiation table
The three-day UCT GSB Negotiation Skills for Managers is designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence to successfully master complex negotiations. The course comprises of contemporary negotiation theory based on extensive research; role-plays that are to provide participants with ample opportunities to practice well-proven negotiation skills.
NEGOTIATION IS A CRITICAL SKILL
Research highlights that less than five percent of negotiators reach win-win deals, while outright lose-lose statistics are as high as 20 percent. Poor negotiation skills can negatively impact your long-term success. Learning the art of successful negotiation is a critical skill - the Negotiation Skills for Managers short course at the UCT GSB will give you the fundamentals to be able to negotiate with confidence.
Participants on the Negotiation Skills for Managers course will:
- learn how to practice negotiation in a cooperative manner that optimizes gains for all parties involved;
- be provided with the tools and opportunities to plan for different forms of negotiation;
- be sensitized to the importance of establishing a negotiation climate conducive to win-more/win more negotiation outcomes;
- learn how to find the right balance between assertiveness and relationship-mindedness;
- discover the best ways of dealing with hard-bargainers and cultural and gender differences;
- learn how to leverage the six basic laws of human behaviour in pursuit of influence and persuasion; and
- gain experience in planning and negotiating together within teams comprised of various personalities.
David successfully managed a large government department during South Africa''s transition from apartheid to democracy, established negotiation training and consulting companies and has taught thousands of students across four continents. David qualified cum laude as Psychologist and Educationis...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.