Who should attend
Negotiation Skills is for those who want to develop and practice their skills and behaviours as negotiators.
About the course
Whether dealing with suppliers or clients, trade unions or colleagues, negotiation skills are vital to ensure personal and organisational success.
This programme also looks at how to prepare negotiation strategies, approach complex and team negotiations and options when dealing with difficult situations and interpersonal conflict. You will have the opportunity to discuss your current negotiation challenges and successes and put together action plans for approaching these situations back in the workplace.
By the end of the programme:
- Recognise phases involved in all negotiations
- Recognise key interpersonal skills needed at each phase
- Know how to prepare and plan before each phase
- Know your preferred negotiation style and its strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how blockages and deadlocks happen and what to do
- Know how influencing and persuasion skills contribute to a productive negotiation
- Be better able to handle difficult people and conflict situations
- Work more effectively as part of a negotiating team
- Improve your ability to actively persuade colleagues and other stakeholders
- Be able to negotiate better deals and agreements
- Introductions to negotiations
- What is negotiation?
- Different negotiation approaches
- Stages of negotiations
- Dealing with conflict
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning for a negotiation
- Key negotiation stages
- Communication skills
- Action Planning
- Common tactics
- Power in negotiations
- Advanced communication skills
- Negotiating in different contexts and cultures
- Recognising sales and closing techniques
- Negotiating as a team
- Putting it all into practice
- Action Planning
Carrie is Co-Founder of Change-Gear Ltd, a business providing executive coaching, leadership development, employability skills as well as HR consultancy Carrie has worked for some of the UK leading retailers such as Laura Ashley and Dixons Group where she held senior HR and Training roles in bot...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.