This six-week, highly interactive and immersive online certificate course equips you with a toolkit of proven negotiation strategies, techniques and practical skills to maximise your negotiation abilities, empowering you to approach any negotiation with confidence and ready to achieve the best result for you and your organisation.
Guided by expert LSE academics and industry leaders, you’ll discover the theoretical insights that underpin successful negotiation strategies, while practicing your newly-developed negotiation skills in live, interactive online individual and multi-party negotiations. You’ll also undertake practical real-world exercises, ensuring you gain not only new skills, but also the confidence to negotiate with impact.
You’ll study as part of a international cohort of like-minded working professionals from a wide range of industries and backgrounds, providing a unique opportunity to build your professional network and enhance your understanding of how to negotiate effectively across cultures and industries. During the final module of the course you’ll also explore the ethics of negotiation and how to apply negotiation best practice to achieve maximum impact in the digital world, ensuring you are prepared to thrive in an age of disruption and change.
Studying over a six-week period allows you to continually test and apply the theory, techniques and tactics you learn to your own context. By the end of the course you will already be implementing proven strategies to analyse, plan and successfully manage negotiations, increasing your business impact and accelerating your career.
Note: live online negotiation sessions form a key component of this course, providing the opportunity to apply the theory you will learn and gain feedback. These last between 90 minutes and 2 hours. You'll have the chance to indicate your preference of time-slot for these sessions, based on your time-zone and schedule.
This course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
Note: should you wish to claim CPD activity, the onus is upon you. The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and GetSmarter accept no responsibility, and cannot be held responsible, for the claiming or validation of hours or points.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate of competence in Negotiation from LSE in this online certificate course and become empowered to:
- Use key negotiation skills and theories to achieve optimal negotiation outcomes and create value for your organisation
- Improve working relationships and manage conflict
- Think strategically about the impact of subconscious bias and nonverbal communication in negotiation
- Gain a global perspective on the impact of culture on negotiation through interaction and feedback from an international cohort of like-minded professionals
- Achieve a lasting step-change in your career trajectory, by means of an immersive six-week learning experience
- Future-proof your career with the ability to apply proven negotiation techniques in digital environments - a skill becoming increasingly important in an ever-more interconnected global economy
- Orientation Module
- Module 1: Essential concepts of negotiation
- Module 2: Negotiation strategies
- Module 3: Principled negotiation
- Module 4: Creativity and emotions in negotiation
- Module 5: Culture, power and influence in negotiation
- Module 6: The future of negotiation