Negotiation & Power: the art and Science of Persuading Others
Developing the skill set necessary to successfully navigate the various types of negotiation, conflicts that arise during the process, and other biases or contributing factors to ultimately find a mutually beneficial agreement is critical to both personal and organizational success.
Mid to senior-level managers, directors, and functional leaders whose role involves negotiations with internal stakeholders and external partners on behalf of their team and organization.
- Distinguish between different types of negotiations
- Identify your BATNA (Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement) and learn how to better understand your own bargaining zone
- Know how to create value in a negotiation by unbundling issues, shifting dialogue and asking diagnostic questions
- Understand the influence of emotional triggers on negotiations and know how to improve your position of power during a negotiation
- Recognize how individual differences in how people think, feel, and behave can impact negotiation
- Understand how to effectively negotiate via a variety of platforms (i.e. phone, email or text message) and situations
- Earn a digital certificate and badge from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Who should attend
Mid to senior-level managers, directors, and functional leaders with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience currently leading a team.