Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for professionals with some negotiating experience who want to improve their ability to create value at the negotiating table. It is especially helpful for those engaging in multiparty deals, international negotiations, or more complex deals.
Past participants include division/department heads and vice presidents of large multinational companies who deal with complex negotiation challenges, as well as partners of professional service firms and heads of regional or country units. Senior or mid-level executives who wish to gain an additional boost in their negotiation skills will also profit from attending.
About the course
Learn the essentials of the negotiation process
Master your negotiation skills, build better relationships, and pave the way for long-term business and personal success with our program Negotiation Mastery. In this program, you will improve your conceptual understanding of the negotiation process, learn how to create and claim value in negotiations, how to effectively prepare for and structure negotiations, and develop skills to handle more challenging situations such as negotiating in teams or in an intercultural business context.
This course if for you if you frequently conduct negotiations within your company as well as with outside parties and want to transform yourself from an ‘experienced’ negotiator to an ‘expert’ negotiator.
- Enhance conceptual, strategic, and practical understandings of effective bargaining situations
- Gain expertise on how to create value for all parties in integrative negotiations
- Identify and eliminate barriers to successful negotiations across cultural boundaries
- Refine critical negotiating skills and acquire new skills to deal with special challenges
- Key principles and frameworks to employ when preparing for and conducting negotiations
- Strengths and weaknesses of various negotiation tactics and styles
- Techniques for goal-setting and the assessment of offers; evaluation of alternatives and walk-away situations
- Multi-party negotiations, coalition dynamics, the creation of lasting alliances, and sustainable agreements
- Negotiation across cultures and cultural influences on effective communication and perceptions
- Game-theory approaches to strategic interactions and identification of power asymmetries
- Meet our teaching staff
Biography Matthew Mulford teaches in various HEC Executive Education programs, such as HEC Executive MBA and customized programs, which he also designs and facilitates as Academic Director. Matt Mulford joined the London School of Economics (LSE) faculty in 1995 where he has been a senior lectur...
Nan Guo is a program director at ESMT since 2018. Before joining ESMT, She was on the frontline of market entry projects for German corporates, medium-sized companies and a startup in higher education into the Chinese market. She played a key role in bringing German products and services to the C...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.