Who should attend
This program is geared to women who wish to negotiate confidently for themselves and their organizations, expand their professional horizons, and increase their leadership influence and impact. It will also benefit anyone engaged in negotiations with persons of other genders.
About the course
Enabling women to negotiate with power
Forget you ever heard the term “soft skills”; negotiation is a “power skill.” But women have traditionally been in the dark when it comes to exercising the power of negotiation and influence.
Designed for female professionals, this program introduces the mindsets and processes needed to negotiate for influence and impact. Leverage insights drawn from psychology and neuroscience to enhance your confidence and transform your approach. Up your success rate by applying key negotiation tools and drivers. Leave with a personal action plan for ongoing negotiation mastery.
Benefits for you
- Gain insights into what really drives decision making, and how you can influence it
- Learn mindsets and techniques that will allow you to best achieve your objectives
- Overcome common gender‐based negotiation triggers that can sabotage your success
- Employ collaborative behaviours that draw others toward your position
- Adapt your style to deal with difficult personalities and high-stakes conversations
- Improve your negotiation outcomes and overall success rate
- Defining negotiation: is your definition sabotaging your results?
- Identifying what drives 80% of your outcomes
- Gender triggers in negotiation and how to avoid their impact
- Setting yourself up for success by adopting the most appropriate mindset
- “Process is power”: preparing a needs strategy, planning the best approach
- Fostering ongoing relationships by finding collaborative “win-win” solutions
- Tips and techniques for managing emotions—yours and theirs
- How to get unstuck and move beyond impasses
- A framework and tools for difficult or high-stakes negotiations
- What’s next? Making negotiation and influence a core competency
This highly experiential program includes extensive “real-life” rehearsal sessions designed to give you on-the-spot skills practice and feedback.
Carrie Gallant is a dynamic speaker, leadership coach, mediator and negotiation professional who provides strategic consulting and training for global companies. She brings years of experience as an executive and former practicing lawyer to her work in helping clients master the art and science o...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.