Negotiating With Power and Grace (w.i.n. Women in Negotiation Certificate)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
“The Best Negotiation Tools Will Not Make Women Better Negotiators if they Lack the Ability to Ask For What They Want. In Order For True and Sustainable Change to Happen for Women, the Focus Needs to Begin at the Source of the Problem—their Belief System of who They Are, Who They “Ought” To Be And Who They Can Become.”
It is a known fact, traditional models of negotiation do not work for women--they go against everything a woman was taught to be like while growing up. As a society, most women learned at a young age that it is not appropriate or "feminine" to focus on what they want, assert their own ambitions, and pursue their self interest—and many people don't like it when they do.
From the time they are very young, girls are taught to focus on the needs of others rather than on their own. Young girls subconsciously internalize these messages into adulthood and as women find themselves with an internal struggle to ask for what they want. They are unaware that their reluctance to ask for what they want is a learned behavior, and one that can be unlearned. In order for women to negotiate effectively, they must:
- Be comfortable with their Power
- Eliminate the Limiting Disempowering Beliefs that make them anxious to Negotiate
- Develop new Empowering Beliefs that make it easy to ask for what they want.
Emphasis is placed on the acquisition of essential negotiating and leadership skills. During this highly interactive program, women will learn to negotiate in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques, and discover their own negotiation style. They will discover how to use their natural strengths and will gain confidence in those areas where they are least confident now. The program prepares women to negotiate in a professional manner, improving their bottom line results and relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
Negotiating with Power & Grace
- Recognize opportunities to increase your success through negotiation.
- Set a strategy and negotiate from a position of power.
- Manage negotiations effectively while sustaining good working relationships.
- Avoid common pitfalls that can derail negotiation goals.
- And much more…
Negotiating with Difficult People
- Learn incentives to draw the attention to the importance of the negotiation.
- Manage pressure tactics to lead the other party to realize that the status quo is unacceptable.
- Develop a list of allies to help the other party see the advantage of negotiating.
- Learn the 25 most used tactics and how to counter them.
- And much more…
Negotiating for Leadership Success
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation.
- Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of the negotiation.
- Adjust your communication style to achieve desired results.
- Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation.
- Effectively negotiate on the phone or through e-mail and other media.
- And much more…
COMPLETE 3 COURSES AND EARN A UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA CERTIFICATE UC San Diego, an accredited university, will award you a certificate upon completion of the full program.