Negotiating to win
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with MCE.Full disclaimer.
Are you ready to negotiate a win-win strategy? How can you prepare for your next negotiations? Should you always negotiate? Get the skills, insights and competencies to conduct negotiations successfully at every level. Learn to prepare your next negotiations, develop alternative solutions and scenarios, and learn to discover the challenges of the other party to reach a solution that benefits both sides.
You are responsible for negotiating a contract, a project or an agreement with a client, a business partner or a supplier and you need to make sure it is a win-win solution. What are the best practices for negotiating? Is it really possible for you to create alternative solutions? How can you prepare for negotiations?
Register to this intensive 3-day negotiation skills training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Learn to plan negotiations
- Approach your negotiations strategically by knowing the negotiation stages
- Learn the value of persuation
Whether it’s allocating resources for a project, funding a new initiative or establishing a supply chain for a new product or service, negotiation is inevitably at the heart of the process. But few people understand the structure, techniques and approaches available to them as they seek to positively influence an outcome.
This negotiation training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your negotiation and persuasion skills. You will gain a wider perspective of negotiation practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications. The programme gives you a step-by-step guide to effective negotiation. You must identify the problem, understand it from the other’s perspective, generate alternative solutions and select a solution that benefits both sides. All parties need each other to achieve their goals. Negotiation focuses on solving the problem and closing the gap between what both parties want.
3-Day (Standard Version): Please note this is the 3-day format of the programme that starts at 09:00 each morning and finishes at 17:00 every afternoon. There are coffee breaks and lunch is served during the programme. This programme is also available as a 4-day programme (Early Morning Version) running from 08:00 to 14:00 each day with lunch served after the programme at 14:00, click here for more details.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your negotiation skills & competencies and be able to:
- Know when—and when not—to negotiate
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
- Know what behaviour to adapt at each stage of the negotiation
- Adjust your communication style to achieve desired results
- Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation
- Effectively negotiate face-to-face, on the phone or through e-mail and other media
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 3 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays.
What is Negotiation?
- The basic concepts of negotiation
- What is negotiable in typical business situations
- Identify approaches to negotiation
- Identify the six stages of negotiation
- Use appropriate behaviours in each of the stages
- Define the influences on the negotiation process
Planning Your Negotiation
- Plan a negotiation
- Determine a settlement range
- Apply the planning framework in practice negotiation
- Apply the persuasion process
- Use the frame/reframe process to understand the other party
- Examine possible approaches to use when there is confrontation
- Use listening skills in the negotiation process
- Explain the four dimensions of DISC and the style tendencies of each
- Describe the characteristics of dual styles and their impact on negotiations
- Describe how to adapt style to maximize the results of negotiations
- Identify why negotiations become derailed and how to avoid negotiation traps
Crafting a Strategy for Your Negotiation
- Plan a strategy to apply your negotiations
- Describe the process of identifying a problem or issue for negotiation
- Identify steps and techniques for choosing appropriate communication methods
- Create and apply a strategy for a business negotiation simulation
- Apply what you’ve learned to plan a negotiation for back on the job
Who should attend
If you are a manager or business professional who are responsible for negotiating the best possible terms of an agreement for their team, department or organization, this programme is for you. Some of the positions that usually attend to this negotiation training course are:
- Sales Managers
- Account Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Managers of business units and departments