This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Embrace the habits of word-class negotiators to increase your influence, build positive relationships and secure the best possible outcomes for your organization.
- Satisfy conflicting agendas by creating value for all parties.
- Navigate both cooperative and competitive negotiations.
- Assess different types of negotiations for key issues, stakeholder needs and other complexities.
- Determine which components are essential for an effective negotiation.
Engage in exercises and small-group discussions designed to help you:
- Identify the components of effective negotiation, and learn which techniques determine consistent success.
- Take part in face-to-face in-class negotiations with fellow participants to build your comfort and confidence.
- Watch a live negotiation to study non-verbal cues that affect performance.
- Discover how others perceive you during individual and team negotiations and how to improve and capitalize on your personal style.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Prepare and use predetermined walkaways, goals and specific strategies to yield high value outcomes.
- Apply new insights beyond the negotiating table personally and professionally.
- Build positive and sustainable relationships internally and externally.
Who should attend
This program is designed for professionals who want to expand their influence, satisfy conflicting interests while maintaining positive relationships, or simply negotiate more valuable outcomes for their organizations. Negotiating Success: A Learning Laboratory is designed to support executives from firms of any size and industry, including both experienced and novice managers, founders of entrepreneurial ventures, and service professionals and partners of service organizations.
Trust the experts
Mario Moussa is a noted author, keynote speaker, and management consultant who advises senior leaders about top team effectiveness, organizational culture, and largescale change initiatives. He has delivered workshops on leadership, strategic persuasion and collaboration to thousands of executive...
Education: B.S., MA, University of Washington Lecturer Marc W. Modica teaches Negotiation and Communication courses in Darden''s MBA program. Modica previously taught at a number of institutions, including the International University of Japan, the University of Hawaii, Edmonds and South Seattl...
Creating Mutual Value – Negotiating Success Course