Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Content will focus on a wide range of negotiation environments that range from deal-making with external departments, firms or agencies to formal and informal work arrangements inside your own unit. Most significantly, you will learn about your behaviour through a set of simulated (but very real) negotiations performed in class. In this course, we will use experiential learning, through several negotiation exercises, to illustrate the theory and to improve our skills at bargaining and negotiation.
- Integrative bargaining: how to create value and generate win/win outcomes
- The bargaining dilemma: how and when to share private information
- Building trust: the key to successful negotiations
- First offers: when and how to make them
- Cognitive biases: avoiding the mental errors we are all prone to make
- Communicating with others over cultural and emotional barriers
- When to use interests, rights or power in a negotiation
- The impact of style, approach and personality on a negotiation
Trust the experts
Terry Daniel is a faculty member of the Alberta School of Business. He served as Associate Dean of Alberta’s MBA program from 1990 to 1995 and has taught in both the graduate and undergraduate programs at Alberta as well as in the joint Executive MBA program offered by Alberta and the University ...