Who should attend
Business leaders, managers, or anyone who interacts with others in business.
About the course
An interactive workshop focused on successfully navigating obstacles resulting from the actions of other individual constituents above, below, inside, and outside of a leader’s sphere of influence. Using a combination of experiential activities, brief case studies and group interactions, participants will practice using their strategic skills to identify opportunities to steer clear of, drive through, or embrace challenging political situations.
- Distinguish between organization politics and annoying, harmless smoke
- Determine risk/reward ration associated with engaging a situation
- Establish a culture that sweeps politics out of the organization
- Leverage persuasion and influence skills to hold or mitigate the effects of politics
- Utilize situational leadership techniques to effectively manage others dealing with politics
- Enhance communication skills to effectively express ideas and work through politics
- Defining Office Politics
- Gaining Respect vs. Creating Intimidation
- Power of Influence
- Persuasion Tactics
- Overcoming Resistance
- Being Assertive
- Listening Skills
- Experiential Activities
- Case Studies
Darrell has worked with management teams for more than 30 years to create and deliver custom designed training and communication programs that align specific tools and resources with organizational needs and training gaps. With his variety of expertise, Darrell sits on the Board of Directors for ...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.