Who should attend
This advanced institute is designed for ranking administrative officers of the State Department of Transportation; for example, deputy commissioner, assistant secretary, chief operations officer, chief financial officer, chief information officer, human resources director, environmental services director, district engineer, and chief operations director.
It is also suitable for grade levels 14–15 and SES of the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration, and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
About the course
Prepare for executive positions in transportation
Sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials as a follow-on to the National Transportation Leadership Institute and consistent with its mission to be a catalyst for organizational and technical excellence, the NATLI is dedicated to the development of a cadre of executive-ready senior managers to fill executive positions as they occur.
- Recognize methods of transportation policy formulation through simulations and analysis. Identify policy-related challenges and opportunities through interaction with political leaders and legislative staffers.
- Develop working knowledge of executive leadership competencies through discussions with experienced transportation executives.
- Develop competencies related to strategic knowledge and “capacity to influence” people, events, and the organization using applied techniques.
- Identify personal executive level development needs through self-assessment.
- Recognize the opportunity to benefit from mentoring from faculty and senior executives to create a path leading to executive transportation related positions.
The National Transportation Advanced Leadership Institute is a 4-day program in Washington, DC.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.