Municipal and County Administration
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UNC School of Government.Full disclaimer.
This course is designed for city and county managers, department heads, and other city or county officials whose responsibilities require an understanding of functions beyond individual areas of specialization. This program will give you the chance to:
- Understand the legal framework and administrative requirements of North Carolina city and county government.
- Learn about how specific city and county services are organized and provided.
- Appreciate the interrelation among different activities or departments and how specific laws, programs, and functions contribute to the achievement of the overall mission of a local government.
- Become part of a broader network of local government peers on whom participants will be able to draw for assistance in the future.
Topics - Local and State Government
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Leadership and Management
- Other Local Government Functions and Services
Who should attend
- Public Officials - Local and State Government Roles
- Managers and Supervisors