Motivating, Coaching, Counselling & Mentoring: Practical Tools for Effective Leadership
We often hear record-breaking athletes say; I owe it to my coach; that’s because however talented they are, athletes need a coach to improve their performance and competitiveness. Likewise, Companies and Organisations need to create a culture where coaching and feedback occur as a routine part of each day.
- This innovative and motivating course explains a structured approach to coaching which is effective whether a professional is working with a new recruit or seeking improvement from an experienced player.
- Being less of a boss and more of a coach is fundamental to modern management.
- Urging people to do better won’t work unless they know how to do it better.
- Good coaching builds trust and collaborative climate between professional and team.
- The process involves breaking tasks down to their component parts, helping people to improve performance in each element and enabling them to pull these elements together to achieve the desired effect.
It is essential for effective leadership to understand that:
- Coaching and equipping, is one of the most important acts of leadership.
- Successful managers recognise that to get things done cost effectively they must ‘grow’ people to their full potential.
- Outstanding performance must be drawn from every member of the team.
- This requires clear direction, feedback and personal empowerment.
The seminar will be presented in a highly inter-active manner, with a very impactive computer presentation style.
Together with your fellow participants, you will bring a wide variety of experience and resources to the programme. The course facilitator’s role is to help you learn for yourself and to assist you as you make sense of new ideas and techniques that you can use at work. We learn things as we try them out, stepping out of the zones that we find comfortable. Joining in role-plays and having a go may feel awkward but is often the best way to find out how we are doing with our learning. You will have plenty of opportunity during the workshop to experiment and try out new skills and understanding. The course facilitator will give you some input and then help you to make sense of the models through some discussion and then practice.
- This workshop will offer clarity to each participant on how to consciously influence themselves and others so as to create productive behaviours that lead to optimal personal impact.
- Optimize your organization personal productivity and personal enjoyment. Promote enhanced job productivity, job satisfaction and pride
- Decide actions to apply the learning to your workplace.
- How to set the scene and prepare for coaching.
- How to be supportive and approachable.
Delegates will learn:
- Why coaching and motivation is so important.
- What 21st. Century Leadership requires.
- When to give advice and when to be natural.
- How to motivate yourself and other Staff.
- How to coach top performers.
- How to equip others with peak performance skills and develop pro-action plans
Day1 - Strategic Equipping For Leadership
- Changing Manager’s roles
- What is real Leadership?
- How to equip Leaders for excellence
- The pursuit of excellence
- Developing key management competencies to create excellence
- 12 Ways to develop your Staff potential and talent
- The Manager as a Change agent
- The need for peak performance
- Activators, Behaviours and consequences
- Benefits for the organization, manager and performer
Day2 - The Manager as a Coach and Mentor
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching so important?
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach
- Develop the Coaching Model
- What does coaching achieve?
- Deciding When and How to coach
- Select the appropriate coaching style
- Arranging a coaching session
- Use the “GROW” model
- Measuring and observing performance
- How to appraise a person’s performance
- The link with feedback motivation
Day3 - The Coaching / Motivation Process and Skills
- Influencing the readiness to change
- The importance of handling change
- Gaining a persons commitment to change
- Raising their effectiveness through questioning
- Motivation as a lever
- Setting action orientated performance goals
- End goals, performance goals and process goals
- Working your own goal setting strategy
- Developing efficient Time management
- Learn to prioritize your time
- The importance of essential Listening skills
- Developing the cycle for continuous improvement
Day4 - Putting Coaching & Counselling to Work
- Understanding the performers agenda
- Coaching the subconscious mind
- Knowing what improvements to aim for
- Exploring barriers to progress
- Replacement principle
- Coaching the right performance attitude
- Making appropriate attitude adjustments
- Knowing what empowering improvement to aim for
- Leading by example
- Develop appreciation within and without
- The coach’s role as a facilitator
Day5 - Coaching for Decisive Action
- Adopting the approach, process and skills as a way of life
- Self coaching to fit your own aims and objectives – personal discipline
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Ten steps to vital decision making
- Choosing Pro-Active leadership
- Understand the Circle of control
- How to be pro-active in your relationships
- How to apply Persistence Performance
- Using the learnt skills to apply at every level
- Ten essential qualities of a successful Corporate Executive
Who should attend
- Team leaders
- Management Professionals
- Management Staff
- All Professionals at all levels who want to become effective at coaching and motivating others.