Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- business planners
- commercial lawyers
- corporate development staff
- equity analysts
- research analysts
- technical staff moving into managerial roles.
About the course
A hands-on boot camp on forecasting, analysis and valuation
The key to the future of a business can be found in its financial statements. You will develop the skills needed to analyse these statements and understand the practical insights they offer.
Using the financial statements of real ASX-listed companies, you will gain hands-on experience with financial modelling using a proven analytical framework.
- Learn from finance experts with decades of industry experience
- Understand your organisation’s future by analysing its financial history
- Develop practical financial modelling skills with hands-on learning
This program equips you with an understanding of financial statements and their significance. You will gain the practical skills to analyse the statements and create your own Excel-based models to reveal insights about your organisation’s future.
You will learn to:
- Assess the applicability of project finance to an investment opportunity
- Identify and recommend risk management strategies
- Propose appropriate transactional structures
- Identify probable funding sources and costs
What you'll learn
Day 1: Creating your model
- The financial statements
- Accounting principles
- Accrual accounting and interrelationships
- Industry examples
- Setting up your model
- Forecasting sales growth and costs
- Building scenarios
- Simplifying the published statements
- Building your model
- Getting the model to balance
- Resolving the finance cost circularity
Day 2: Model analysis
- Ensuring integrity through checks
- Using your model for ratio analysis
- Profitability, efficiency, leverage ratios
- Market-based ratios
- Using your model for valuation
- Quick overview of finance theory and discounted cash flow
- Extrapolating free cash flow
- Determining enterprise value
- Understanding the value of equity and share prices
James Hay has over 30 years’ experience as a corporate treasury executive, financial analyst and executive trainer. He has worked in risk management, corporate finance and evaluation in the Australian resources sector, and presented over 200 seminars and courses on financial skills, economic mode...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.