Who should attend
This workshop is tailored for related needs of bank management, internal audit, risk management and bank staff working in lending operations or processing/backoffice.
About the course
The workshop has been developed to give an introduction into the main requirements about Risk Management at banks operating in Germany. All major topics are covered and complemented with the latest updates as per MaRisk 6.0..
Participation in this workshop will ensure a solid understanding of the main requirements as defined in the MaRisk document, allowing participants to ensure the institutions they work for are organised accordingly.
- Introduction and Seminar Objectives
Introduction: Why MaRisk at your institution?
- The applicability of MaRisk to financial institutions, transactions and risks
MaRisk structure and principles
- Historical development, regulatory background and objectives
Organisational Requirements for institutions
- Segregation of duties
- Processes and guidelines
- Management Responsibility
- Risk Culture
Lending and Credit Risk Management
- General Aspects
- Risk Classification and Rating
- Management of Normal Loans
- Early Warning System
- Intensified Management and Problem Loans
- Restructuring and wind down
- Provisioning, Risk Quantification and Reporting
Risk Management as per MaRisk
- The Risk Management Process
- Types of Risk and related requirements Credit Risk, Market Risks, Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk – including Information Security
- Risk Bearing Capacity and Limits
- Stress Tests
Requirements for Internal Audit
Risk Reporting Requirements
Interactive seminar, discussions, moderation, group work
Armin Nilles – Head of Internal Audit, Security and IT Management / Compliance at the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management. Working as a product manager in the Competence Center for Management and Audit, Mr. Neill develops and controls open and individual trainings, seminars and / or traini...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.