Who should attend
Our Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program is designed for nonprofit professionals in all stages of their careers. If you are currently working, leading or interested in joining a nonprofit organization, this program is for you.
Common program participant job titles include:
- Executive Director
- Site Staff
- Volunteer Manager
- Agency/Department Head
- City Manager
- Program Director
- Annual Giving Director
- Compliance Director
- Board Member
- Event Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Fundraising Director/Manager
- Emergency Management Director
- Development/Foundation Director
- Community Relations Director
- Those looking to transition into their second career in a nonprofit
About the course
Whether you lead with your heart or your head, nonprofits require careful business management skills. The St. Thomas Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations gives you a strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities that come with running a nonprofit. The program broadens your perspective, allowing you to have a more effective impact within your organization.
As a professional working within a nonprofit organization, you face many complexities each day. We help untangle the business side of nonprofit management by delivering:
- Faculty who are in the field, sharing insights on nonprofit administration and operation
- A broad curriculum that includes board governance, marketing, legal nuances, volunteer management practices, human resources, program evaluation, strategic planning, everyday leadership and more
- A commitment to expand your potential and infuse new ideas into your nonprofit, regardless of your role
- The St. Thomas Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program prepares you to make more informed, strategic business decisions. You’ll learn highly applicable skills you can put to work right away, to make your organization stronger.
Benefits of This Program
Gain real-world skills you can use on Monday morning.
Leave every session with practical skills and knowledge you can apply at your nonprofit organization immediately.
Enhance your influence.
Return to work with great confidence in your ability to bring new ideas and more effective decisions to your everyday work.
Learn from experienced instructors.
Your instructors have solid backgrounds in nonprofit management. Hear their experiences and learn from their real-life examples.
Take Steps Toward CFRE Designation.
The Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations is approved to provide 42 hours of continuing education with the Certified Fundraising Executive Program (CFRE).
Practice in Class.
Sharpen your new skills through exercises and discussion, so you’re well prepared to apply them in your workplace.
Build a new network of professional peers, which you can turn to for support and advice long after the program ends.
The Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program is a series of 14 modules you can complete in various formats throughout the year, to accommodate your schedule and learning style. During the sessions, you’ll explore:
- Employment law
- Financial management
- Financial sustainability
- Leadership fundamentals
- Legal Issues
- Program evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Volunteer management
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.