This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Global competition has dramatically increased the pace of business and organizations understand the importance of each step that goes into delivering products or services to the market. The emphasis is shifting towards understanding and creating the value that customers want, all the while removing defects and reducing waste. That is what running a Lean company is all about.
The University of St. Thomas’ Mini Master of the Lean Enterprise program focuses on gaining in-depth knowledge and problem-solving skills needed by professionals developing or managing a Lean organization such as:
- Learning the importance of incorporating all five principals for Lean enterprise
- Discovering how value stream mapping can help identify waste in critical processes to improve productivity, delivery and costs
- Translating the Lean management tools and concepts into an action plan in support of your organization’s strategic objectives
- Understanding basic change management principles and tools to develop a Lean culture
Benefits of This Program
Learn how value stream mapping can lead to improved productivity and efficiency.
Develop an Action Plan
Utilize tools and data to support your organization's strategic objectives.
Understand Change Management
Develop a Lean culture within your organization to help support your priorities.
Complete a hands-on simulation to emulate real life scenarios using Lean techniques.
Gain the knowledge you need to move your career forward. The Mini Master of the Lean Enterprise teaches the skills that professionals need in order to manage a successful Lean organization.
Topics covered include:
- An introduction to Lean methodology
- Value stream mapping
- Understanding Lean processes
- 5S and visual management
- Pull systems, kanbans and TAKT time
- Kaizen events and continuous lean methodology improvement
- Quality and the Lean system
- Performance measures and improvement systems
- Lean throughout the organization
- Change management and communication
- Lean deployment planning and leadership
- Hands-on simulations that examine the impact of utilizing Lean techniques
Who should attend
The Mini Master of the Lean Enterprise program is designed for professionals at any level who:
- Need proven strategies that keep the organization running efficiently and effectively
- Are responsible for improving business operations
Common job titles of program participants include:
- Operations Manager
- Director of Managed Services
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Value-Stream Manager
- Lean Coordinator
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Corporate Industrial Engineer
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Lean Consultant
- Vice President for Supply Chain and Production
- Manufacturing Engineer Lean Processes
- Senior Advanced Lean Practitioner
- Lean Business Systems Manager
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners