Who should attend
This program is designed for senior executive and mid-level managers.
About the course
It is often said that everyone is wired differently. Over the course of a lifetime, a unique collection of lived experiences ultimately shapes the default settings for how you view and engage with the world. But your outlook is never set in stone. You can always change your mind.
This program will challenge you to evaluate your current perspective and how it aligns with your goals for future growth. And where tune-ups are needed, this is your chance to re-wire the system.
Expert session leaders will lead you through a DiSC personality assessment and explain the concepts associated with a Growth Mindset. Then, through an exploration of the origins of motivation (hint: it's neuroscience), you'll discover how your mind impacts your future behaviour as a manager. You'll leave with practical strategies to control your emotions and employ self-awareness in common business settings.
In this program you will:
- Learn how a fixed mindset inhibits your ability to grow and develop new skills
- Explore strategies to take more risks, learn from your mistakes, and accept challenges that come your way
- Work towards developing agile competencies that are essential for the post-COVID workforce
- Break your automatic tendencies and unleash a growth mindset towards learning opportunities that will result in greater career success
- Increase your capability to build new neural connections (neuroplasticity) through exercising a growth mindset and reflecting on your own emotions
- Adopt a more trustworthy, motivational leadership style
- Improved organizational effectiveness through more self-aware leaders
- Better decision-making, as leaders learn to look beyond learned behaviours and past experiences
- Foster a culture of continuous learning through the adoption of a growth mindset
Through a combination of live online instruction, group discussion and personal assessment exercises, you will learn:
- How personal experiences shape your unique predispositions and "automatic settings"
- Your own tendencies and mindset through the use of the DiSC personality assessment
- The neuroscience behind motivation
- Concepts and attributes of a growth mindset, and its ability to unlock limitless potential
- Benefits of self-aware leadership, including improved trustworthiness, perceived wisdom, motivation, and more
Continued Access to Online Materials
Participants will have continued access to online materials for 30 days post-program.
As President and CEO of APA Solutions, a human capital consulting firm, Joan has made it her mission to bridge the communication gap between leadership and the people they employ by disrupting human capital norms. She has successfully applied the data and research from her three decades in the re...
Erikson Neilans received his doctorate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience from the University at Buffalo, SUNY. He specialized in sensory perception and the impact on decision making. Currently, he is researching and providing his expertise in neuroscience to organizational development of human ca...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.