This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This experiential course teaches the many benefits and applications of mindfulness in strategic thinking, leadership, and company culture.
What is Mindful Leadership and why should you care?
As a leader, you face unique pressures. Your actions impact much more than your own direct experience. Whether you have 1, 10 or 100 direct reports or you run an entire company, your ability to lead with presence, authenticity and clarity is critical to the success of your organization. This program can show you how to cultivate the very best of yourself so that you can connect with the leadership skills you already possess.
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention on purpose to the present moment. By being present, focused and aware, we can stay calm in a crisis, be resilient in the face of challenge and change, make intentional decisions and connect with people in a clear and compassionate way. Through science-based exercises, facilitated conversations and exploration of this new way of being, this experiential program teaches you how to become more mindful in your work and your life.
- Experiencing mindfulness practice.
- Discussion: Problems in the workplace, exploring the issues together.
- Understanding mindfulness. What are the benefits for the executive? For the company?
- Performance under pressure.
- Stress and its impact on self and business.
- Mindfulness and compassion in business relationships.
- Experiential components include: seated and walking meditations, mindful eating, mindful movement, mindful communication, mindful awareness and focus.
- Didactic exercises include: shifting perceptions, responding vs. reacting, awareness vs. auto pilot, cultivating a non-judgmental attitude, the distracted brain.
- Discussion: Bringing mindfulness into the workplace and integration into company culture.
- Maintaining the practice. Next steps.
This course will teach participants:
- What mindfulness is and what it isn’t
- Why it’s so important to change the way we are working and leading
- How to cultivate the skill of mindfulness through practices that you can begin implementing immediately
- What impact mindfulness has on your own leadership role, your communications, and staying connected to your values.
A growing body of research provides the evidence that mindfulness practice can transform our lives as individuals, impacting us both personally and professionally. The benefits of mindfulness practice can include:
- Improved stress management skills
- Improved cognitive function
- Increased creativity
- Improved decision-making
- Increased focus
- Improved health
- Improved wellbeing and life satisfaction
- Increased resilience
Join us to learn how to become a more mindful leader, through the science, the practice and the integration of mindfulness into your work and life.
Who should attend
While the primary audience for this workshop is leaders in business, professionals in the field of mental health and executive coaching can also derive great benefit from the training. Therapists working from a mindfulness and acceptance framework with interpersonal, relationship and professional issues in their clients will find that this program prepares them to translate these practices into a business context.
Trust the experts
Christy Cassisa, JD Associate Director for Operations and Development, UCSD Center for Mindfulness Christy’s unique professional training includes science, education, and the law, and since discovering mindfulness meditation and experiencing the transformational effects of the practice for herse...
Shannon Jordan, M.A. Principal/Founder, Career Ingenuity Group Shannon Jordan is a Board Certified Coach who integrates emotional intelligence, positive psychology, strengths-based development and science-based mindfulness practices into her work with employees, leaders, teams and organizations....