Middle Management Development Programme (MMDP)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Regent Business School.Full disclaimer.
This programme is intended to empower and equip Managers and those aspiring to become managers, with the requisite skills and knowledge about the management process and management functions. This is reinforced by aspects of leadership skills, corporate intrapreneurship, operations management and knowledge management systems.
On completion of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand management principles and general management (Including Marketing Management and Human Resource Management)
- Become effective in leadership and people management
- Understand and motivate corporate intrapreneurship
- Practice effective information and knowledge management
- Undertake effective coaching and mentoring
- Effectively communicate and report
- Management functions and general principles of management
- Leadership theory and styles
- Benefits and drawbacks of Intrapreneurship, Human capital variables, Creativity vs Innovation, Brainstorming, Culture and Perception in Intrapreneurship
- Information management systems and knowledge management systems
- Understand the role of the coach/ mentor
- Logical sequence of the mentorship process
- Develop self-empowerment and self-managed learning through mentorship
- Communication skills and reporting
Who should attend
- Middle Managers
- Supervisors and line managers
- Team leaders
Middle Manager Program
Strengthen your ability to manage the complex priorities and stakeholder relationships of mid-tier management.
As a mid-tier manager you are critical to your organisation’s strategy and operations, but with competing priorities and extensive stakeholder relationships, it is a complex balancing act. This course extends your knowledge and skills, provides the tools and builds the confidence to find the equilibrium in leading, managing and operating.
What you’ll learn
Working with your peers and supported by our expert coaches and facilitators, you’ll address the challenges of mid-tier management and build the skills, knowledge and tools to:
- Redefine your role as a middle manager
- Communicate more effectively in critical conversations
- Develop your executive presence
- Increase your analytical skills
- Enhance team engagement and performance though coaching and mentoring
- Better manage performance across multiple teams
- Influence team culture
- Improve stakeholder engagement
- Lead though change
- Manage your own energy, time and stress levels
- Create and implement a personal action plan
How you’ll learn
This intensive, residential course utilises small group coaching, experiential activities, and a 360 degree feedback tool to take you on a transformational journey from mid-tier manager to visionary leader, ready to step up and increase your strategic contribution. Taking place over five days, you will stay at our residential conference facilities in Sydney’s eastern suburbs (accommodation and catering is included in your program fee.)
Throughout the experience, your learning will be supported by confidential coaching sessions to debrief your feedback results and create a practical, step-by-step action plan for your return to work.
System, stakeholder and role analysis
Unpack the complex nature of your work system, and develop the skills to better manage complexity and conflict. You’ll explore:
- Work system mapping
- Navigating competing priorities and demands
- Resilience, energy and performance
Increase your leadership agility to respond more effectively to your audience and situation. You’ll explore impact, interpretation and communication to lead with confidence.
Influence and performance
Build a toolkit to influence team culture and collective performance. You’ll explore:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Executive presence
- Influence and persuasion
Stakeholder engagement and unwavering leadership through change is critical to leadership success. You’ll explore:
- Engaging hearts and minds
- Broadening your view beyond your team
- Change implementation techniques
Throughout the program, you’ll take part in confidential 1:1 coaching sessions to identify and address your leadership challenges. At the end of the week, you will take away a personal action plan, enabling you to embed your learning back in the workplace.