Who should attend
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Professionals and Business Analysts
- System Administrators, Testing Professionals and Mainframe Professionals
- Those aspiring for a career in MicroStrategy and Business Intelligence
What are the prerequisites for taking up this MicroStrategy Admin training course?
Anybody can take up this course regardless of their skills.
About the course
Our MicroStrategy Admin certification training course lets you master the MicroStrategy Administration. We at Intellipaat provide the best online classes to help you learn MicroStrategy architecture, database connections, Cube, clustering, and security models. You will also work on real-world projects during this course.
About MicroStrategy Admin Training Course
MicroStrategy is one of the leading Business Intelligence tools available in the market, and this MicroStrategy Administration training course will equip you with the skills to work on the MicroStrategy platform. Some of the topics covered in this course are database connections, ODBC data source administration, Cubes and Caches differentiation, and so on. You will be well-versed in MicroStrategy clustering, security models and filters, and MicroStrategy web preferences and administration.
What will you learn in this MicroStrategy Administration training course?
- MicroStrategy administration and architecture
- MicroStrategy installation and configuration in detail
- Differences between Caches and Cubes
- iServer and using it in Command line
- Working with MicroStrategy data warehouse and administration activities
- MicroStrategy Reporting and Analytics
- Using MicroStrategy processes to create ODBC connection
- MicroStrategy security and warehouse authentication
- MicroStrategy Narrowcast and MicroStrategy Object Manager
- Preparing for MicroStrategy Certified Application Administrator Exam
Why should you take up this MicroStrategy Administration online training?
- The global Business Intelligence and Analytics market to reach $26.78 billion in revenue by the next two years – PR Newswire
- Worldwide, 7,129 companies are using MicroStrategy – HG Discovery
- A MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Developer can earn $117,000 – Indeed
The MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool was placed in the Leaders quadrant in the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform. Some of the obvious benefits of MicroStrategy are its excellent data analytics capabilities, extreme scalability, and superior results. Taking this MicroStrategy Admin online training will help you in getting the best jobs in the Business Intelligence domain.
MicroStrategy Admin Course Content
- Getting started with MicroStrategy Administration, its Architecture and Server definitions and Connectivity
What is MicroStrategy?, Microstrategy Architecture, Two-tier architecture, Three-tier architecture, Four-tier architecture, Report Execution Flow, Element browsing, Object browsing, Clustering, ODBC connection creation, ODBC drivers for MSTR, ODBC data source administration, Server definition windows, Project source, Web and I server Connectivity
- Working with Database Connections, Admin Interface , Caches and Cubes
Database Instance, Commands to create dl,dc and dL, Health center, Master health agent, Admin Interface, Components of MSTR, How to restart Server?, Administration menu, History list messages, History list setting, Caching, Report Cache flow, Reporting caching example, Intelligent cubes, Difference bw cubes and caches, Intelligent cubes example, Monitor intelligent cube, Intelligent cube status
- Creating Intelligent Cubes and understanding Clustering, Caching and Scheduling in MicroStrategy
Incremental refresh of intelligent cubes, Intelligent cube refresh settings, Dynamic Sourcing, How to create intelligent cube?, Clustering, Clustering in microstrategy, Cluster Node Monitor, Caching in clustering, Local Caching, Pros and cons of Local Caching, Centralized Caching, Scheduling, Time based Schedule, Command manager Script to trigger events, History list subscriptions, Microstrategy distribution Services, Transmitters, Generic email device, File Device, Email delivery notification, Security
- Understanding MicroStrategy Security Model, Security Filters, Web Administration and Web Preferences
Controlling access to the data, Scenario: Normal, connection mapping scenario, Creating and assigning configuration mapping, Warehouse authentication, Security filters, Apply filter on an attribute, Controlling access to application, How to directly assigning privileges to users/groups?, Command manager commands, Access control list permissions, ACL(Access control list), Microstrategy web:Administration, Web Preferences,diagnostics,License manager
- Creating Data Mart Reports and understanding Personalization
DATA Mart report creation, Edit the subscription
Introduction to Narrowcast Administration, Narrowcast Server Configuration and Updating Intelligence Server Narrowcast server, Narrowcast server components, Narrowcast Administrator, Delivery Engine, Subscription portal, Narrowcast server Configure, Service components, Registering the target system, Update Intelligence server Reference, Upgrading the copied narrowcast server, How to Update Repository?
Introduction to MicroStrategy Object Manager
MicroStrategy Admin Projects
What projects I will be working on this MicroStrategy Admin training?
Project : MicroStrategy Cube Administration, Maintenance and Security
Industry : General
Problem Statement : How to deploy Intelligent Cubes for various applications
Topics : In this project you will be working on MicroStrategy intelligent cubes which are multi-dimensional cubes that are shared as a single in-memory copy. Learn to create email and file subscriptions using Intelligent Cubes, perform reporting and data analysis, work with Server and automate administrative tasks with MicroStrategy Command Manager, secure and configure user groups. Upon completion of the project you will be well-versed in administrating, maintaining and securing MicroStrategy.
- Use OLAP service features on Reports
- Microstrategy administration task automation
- Deploying Microstrategy Command Manager.
MicroStrategy Admin Certification
This course is designed for clearing the MicroStrategy Certified Application Administrator Exam. The entire course content is in line with the certification program and helps you clear the certification exam with ease and get the best jobs in top MNCs. As part of this training, you will be working on real-time projects and assignments that have immense implications in the real-world industry scenarios, thus helping you fast-track your career effortlessly.
At the end of this training program, there will be quizzes that perfectly reflect the type of questions asked in the respective certification exam and help you score better marks.
Intellipaat Course Completion Certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the project work (after the expert review) and upon scoring at least 60% marks in the quiz. Intellipaat certification is well recognized in top MNCs like Ericsson, Cisco, Cognizant, Sony, Wipro, Standard Chartered, TCS, Genpact, Tata Communication, etc.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.