Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed to be valuable for both:
- Executives, managers and entrepreneurs, who are, or expect to be exposed to M&A, whether in line or development roles
- Corporate advisors such as lawyers, accountants, investment bankers, consultants or private equity executives who seek to understand the end-to-end corporate perspective on a deal so they can serve their clients better
The program does not require previous experience in finance. However, you will get the most from it if you have basic knowledge of accountancy and finance, i.e., familiarity with P&Ls, discounted cash flows and net present value.
About the course
Mergers and Acquisitions is a vehicle to turbo-charge growth that is increasing every year in Asia. It is also the fastest way to destroy a company. It can make important contributions to companies’ value and growth strategies. This program will help you to gain insight into how M&A transactions work in practice, from initial search through valuation to merger integration. This program is not taught from an academic perspective, but by an M&A practitioner with hands-on experience of many deals.
- Understand how M&A can create value
- Learn how acquisitions can contribute to corporate strategy
- Experience using a Discounted Cash Flow(DCF) valuation model to value a company
- Negotiate a deal, structuring the deal to create win-win opportunities
- Spot key risks in due diligence
- Plan integration in the shoes of a Post-Merger Integration (PMI) team
Upon completion of the program participants will receive a certificate of participation issued by HKUST Business School.
This program will cover the full lifecycle of a deal, starting off with its strategic purpose, continuing through valuation and transaction execution until the promise is realized after merger integration.
Before the deal
- Creating value through M&A
- Identifying deals that make strategic sense
- Valuing the target
- Quantifying synergies
During the transaction
- Structuring a win-win deal
- Negotiating key terms of a deal
- Managing risks in due diligence
After the deal
- Planning for merger integration
- Delivering the value in Post-Merger Integration
This program is a comprehensive management development experience designed to prepare you to succeed as member of an M&A project team. It includes lectures, case studies, hands-on exercises and group discussions.
Professor Doran has over 20 years of experience in crafting and executing strategy in three major multinationals. He has run the strategy department for three major multinationals. Formerly, he has been Strategy Director for A.S.Watson (the retail division of Hutchison Whampoa), Lend Lease (one o...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.