Mergers and Acquisitions for the Middle Market
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Globalization and rapid technological innovation have created a highly competitive and dynamic business environment where mergers and acquisitions are increasingly used to seek competitive advantage and maximize value for shareholders.
Five years of consistent growth and steady recovery in the U.S. is supplying buyers with the confidence to seek out acquisitions as they face sluggish organic revenue growth and limited operating margin improvements, according to JP Morgan(1). Furthermore, a period historically low interest rates combined with an increased accumulation of corporate cash reserves will fuel the global Mergers & Acquisition market in 2017 and beyond.
Mergers and Acquisitions have increasingly become a key performance metric by which both institutional and private investors measure success. Globally M&A activity reached nearly $4.7 trillion in 2016(2). Engaging in and understanding M&A activity is no longer optional. It is imperative that executives know how to navigate this complex environment and acquire the basic M&A management skills to compete.
The Middle Market represents the largest volume of transactions in M&A. This includes transaction valuation ranges from $500M to $10M. Sixty-eight percent of executives say their deals will be valued at less than $500 million; fifty-two percent say their deals will be valued at less than $250 million.(3) Engage and learn the major components of the M&A process through an engaging practical curriculum. Key aspects of the course will include: target selection, valuation, public and private transaction case studies, implementation strategy for integration, tax implications impacting both the buyer and seller, restructuring pre and post-merger, and maximizing post-merger valuation.
- Develop a strategic plan for M&A activity.
- Understanding the perspective and mindset of the seller and buyer.
- Strategic, financial, legal, organizational, and cultural factors within M&A.
- Increase your awareness of the common success factors & common missteps in failed M&As.
- Understand business valuation techniques.
- Learn process discipline and how to manage business continuity during M&A activity.
- Learn practical tools for the new organization's strategy, structure, and culture.
- Basic competencies needed for successful post-merger integration and performance.
Who should attend
You will take away immediately applicable middle market M&A strategies, and hone the skills needed to shape the future success of your organization.