Mergers & Acquisitions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
In this highly competitive marketplace, mergers & acquisitions can allow a firm to execute its strategy and deliver value to shareholders expeditiously. However, the M&A waters are fraught with failures and value destruction.
In this seminar, we will highlight the common pitfalls in such deals, develop best practice techniques for target identification, deal valuation and post-deal integration. We will also describe the latest empirical findings from scientific studies of these kinds of deals and also devote attention to the valuation of privately owned companies.
This course can be taken as a part of Advanced Management Certificate.
- The role of M&A in executing corporate strategy
- Effective ways to create value through acquisitions
- The scientific evidence on M&As, current trends, and best practices of successful acquirers
- The issue of culture in mergers and what to do about it
- Various approaches to financial valuation of targets: DCF, multiples, asset-based valuation
- Private company valuation, including how you decide when to sell and at what price
- Spot common traps in executing an acquisition
- Improved valuation skills and increased likelihood of not overpaying or underselling
- Awareness of the characteristics of both successful and failed deals
Who should attend
Mid and senior-level managers who are or will be involved in the decision and execution of mergers & acquisitions.