Who should attend
Mid and senior-level managers who are or will be involved in the decision and execution of mergers & acquisitions.
About the course
In this highly competitive marketplace, mergers & acquisitions can allow a firm to execute its strategy and deliver value to shareholders expeditiously. However, the M&A waters are fraught with failures and value destruction.
In this seminar, we will highlight the common pitfalls in such deals, develop best practice techniques for target identification, deal valuation and post-deal integration. We will also describe the latest empirical findings from scientific studies of these kinds of deals and also devote attention to the valuation of privately owned companies.
This course can be taken as a part of Advanced Management Certificate.
- The role of M&A in executing corporate strategy
- Effective ways to create value through acquisitions
- The scientific evidence on M&As, current trends, and best practices of successful acquirers
- The issue of culture in mergers and what to do about it
- Various approaches to financial valuation of targets: DCF, multiples, asset-based valuation
- Private company valuation, including how you decide when to sell and at what price
- Spot common traps in executing an acquisition
- Improved valuation skills and increased likelihood of not overpaying or underselling
- Awareness of the characteristics of both successful and failed deals
Area of Expertise: Banking and Financial Institutions, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Innovation and Growth, Banking and Financial Institutions, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Innovation and Growth Research Interests: Corporate finance, financial intermediation and ec...
Area of Expertise: Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Research Interests: Corporate finance, managerial career concerns, management compensation, and economics of asymmetric information Awards/Honors: Olin Award Winner on Compensation Goals and Firm Performance, Olin Business Sc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.