Mergers & Acquisitions, Buyouts, Divestitures and Restructuring
Increasing global uncertainty, volatality in capital flows, intensifying business competition, disruptive technologies, changing consumer preferences, increasing investment and financial risk are some of the factors influencing the way business is conducted in the 21st century. Organisations are being driven to constantly reinventing themselves and compete on the basis of speed, cost, quality innovation, flexibility and customer responsiveness. Corporate restructuring plays an important role in this overall strategy. At the same time, consolidation as a growth strategy to achieve scale is driving M&A to unprecedented levels. The development of new sectors, start-ups that are driving innovation and disruptive businesses have created a new flavour for substantial acquisitions, buyouts and divestitures.
This Programme will provide expert conceptual and practical insights into the nuances of various methodologies for corporate restructuring, M&A methodologies, LBOs and other such transactions that are commonly used in inorganic growth and strategic finance. Deal aspects such as choice of method, valuation, structuring, tax and regulatory framework will be covered in detail using case study discussions. Role play and group assignment are also included in the learning experience.
- Corporate Restructuring – Strategic Considerations
- Restructuring through the Asset Route – rationale, alternative methods, process, valuation approaches in Asset restructuring
- Divestitures and Slump Sale
- Restructuring through the Equity Route - rationale, alternative methods, process
- Tax considerations, statutory provisions in corporate restructuring
- Introduction to M&A strategy, motivations for acquisitions and takeovers from an acquirer’s perspective, Buyouts deals as distinct from substantial acquisitions, motivations for sell-offs and divestitures. Hostile bids, cross-border M&A, case studies.
- Valuation approaches in M&A
- Merger process, scheme of arrangement, company law and SEBI provisions, court process.
- Methodologies, pricing mechanims, accounting implications, Takeover Code and regulatory framework for substantial acquisitions and buyouts in listed and unlisted space.
- Leveraged buyouts and scope in India, application in cross border M&A
- Term Sheets in Acquisitions and Buyouts and important provisions thereof, Buyer Due Diligence Review, Reps and Warranties by Sellers.
- Investment Bankers and professional services in M&A – roles and responsibilities
- Engaging professional services in M&A
- Case Studies and Group work
Who should attend
- Mid to Senior level corporate executives in Finance, Accounting, Legal and Human Resources dealing with corporate and group strategic function including restructuring and M&A.
- Finance and legal professionals, corporate executives, consulting firms, investment banks, commercial banks, financial services firms and NBFCs providing advisory services in corporate restructuring and M&A.
- Practicing chartered accountants, company secretaries and cost accountants dealing with corporate restructuring and M&A as deal advisors or as functional experts.
- Entrepreneurs, corporate directors, academics and students who are looking out for advanced learning and expert insights in corporate restructuring and M&A.