Merger and Acquisitions
Driven by global economic recovery, improved investors' confidence and technological disruption in recent years, the robust growth in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in Asia and across the globe is set to continue. Despite volatile financial markets, Asian corporations are showing a strong appetite for acquisitions, led by mega deals from China, Japan and India.
To help organisations structure winning deals, this programme provides participants an end-to-end understanding of the entire M&A value chain including strategy, valuation, financing options, negotiation and implementation issues associated with M&A. Special topics include cross-border acquisitions and post-merger integration.
At the end of the course, participants are expected to gain an understanding of:
- The role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy
- The processes involved in M&A, including target identification, due diligence, negotiation, and implementation
- Common tools and techniques in valuation including estimation of synergy and determination of premium
- Deal structuring, including method of payments
- Specific issues in corporate restructuring, leverage buyouts, private equity, and cross border acquisitions
The 3-day programme will be conducted with an interactive seminar-style approach supported by relevant case studies and group breakout sessions.
Who should attend
Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Market / Business development managers
- Corporate strategy managers
- Directors/Leaders of SMEs
- Middle to senior level executives who are involved at any stage of M&A for their organisations