Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Market / Business development managers
- Corporate strategy managers
- Directors/Leaders of SMEs
- Middle to senior level executives who are involved at any stage of M&A for their organisations
About the course
To help organisations structure winning deals, the 4-day interactive programme aims to provide participants a practical, end-to-end understanding of the whole merger and acquisition (M&A) value chain. Through a series of real local and Western case studies and small group discussions, participants will explore the reasons and motivations for M&A, and examine the various strategic considerations including business plan, valuation, deal structuring, financing, negotiation and implementation issues associated with M&A. Post-merger integration and cross border acquisitions will also be discussed.
At the end of the course, participants are expected to gain an understanding of:
- The role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy
- The processes involved in M&A, including target identification, due diligence, negotiation, and implementation
- Common tools and techniques in valuation including estimation of synergy and determination of premium
- Deal structuring, including method of payments
- Specific issues in corporate restructuring, leverage buyouts, private equity, and cross border acquisitions
The 4-day programme will be staggered over 2 weeks (2 days per week) to minimise disruption from work and to allow more time for pre-reading and case analysis.
Pre-course reading materials will be provided to help you get up to speed so you can participate actively and benefit more from the programme.
What will you learn?
- Current trends in M&A
- The Acquisition Process (Business Plan, Target Search and Screening, Negotiation, Due Diligence, Closing, Post-merger Integration)
- Corporate Strategy and M&A
- Acquisition as Growth Strategy
- Corporate Restructuring
- Discounted Cash Flows Valuation, Cost of Capital Multiples
- Valuing Synergies
- International Issues on Valuation
- Deal Structure and Financing
- Stock or Cash?
- Contingent Payments
- Acquisition Financing
- Private Equity & Leveraged Buyout
- Negotiating M&As, Friendly versus Hostile Takeovers
- Due Diligence I
- Due Diligence 2
- Post-Merger Integration
Dr. Ho Kim Wai graduated in 1978 with a First Class Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College London. He then qualified as a Chartered Accountant in England and Wales, and later obtained both his Masters and PhD degrees in finance. He is a Fellow of both the Institute of Char...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.