Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Driven by global economic recovery, improved investors' confidence and technological disruption in recent years, the robust growth in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in Asia and across the globe is set to continue. Despite volatile financial markets, Asian corporations are showing a strong appetite for acquisitions, led by mega deals from China, Japan and India.
To help organisations structure winning deals, this programme provides participants an end-to-end understanding of the entire M&A value chain including strategy, valuation, financing options, negotiation and implementation issues associated with M&A. Special topics include cross-border acquisitions and post-merger integration.
At the end of the course, participants are expected to gain an understanding of:
- The role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy
- The processes involved in M&A, including target identification, due diligence, negotiation, and implementation
- Common tools and techniques in valuation including estimation of synergy and determination of premium
- Deal structuring, including method of payments
- Specific issues in corporate restructuring, leverage buyouts, private equity, and cross border acquisitions
The 3-day programme will be conducted with an interactive seminar-style approach supported by relevant case studies and group breakout sessions.
Who should attend
Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Market / Business development managers
- Corporate strategy managers
- Directors/Leaders of SMEs
- Middle to senior level executives who are involved at any stage of M&A for their organisations
Trust the experts
Ho Kim Wai
Dr. Ho Kim Wai graduated in 1978 with a First Class Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College London. He then qualified as a Chartered Accountant in England and Wales, and later obtained both his Masters and PhD degrees in finance. He is a Fellow of both the Institute of Char...