Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Mentoring is a key skill leaders need to develop and retain talent in their companies. But, more than a set of skills, becoming a mentor is learning a mindset that is focused on bringing out the best in others. This workshop explores the roles mentors play in the long-term investment of developing others and prepares participants with both the skills and mindset of being a mentor.
- The difference between mentoring and other developmental roles (e.g., coach, manager, sponsor)
- Phases of a mentoring partnership
- Goal setting and other parameters for the mentoring relationship
- The four primary mentoring skills to develop
- Identify the phases of mentoring relationships and the rules of mentoring
- Create a context for mentoring that empowers others
- Use questions, empathy, accountability, and feedback to foster protege growth and learning
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.