This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Mentoring is a key skill leaders need to develop and retain talent in their companies. But, more than a set of skills, becoming a mentor is learning a mindset that is focused on bringing out the best in others. This workshop explores the roles mentors play in the long-term investment of developing others and prepares participants with both the skills and mindset of being a mentor.
- The difference between mentoring and other developmental roles (e.g., coach, manager, sponsor)
- Phases of a mentoring partnership
- Goal setting and other parameters for the mentoring relationship
- The four primary mentoring skills to develop
- Identify the phases of mentoring relationships and the rules of mentoring
- Create a context for mentoring that empowers others
- Use questions, empathy, accountability, and feedback to foster protege growth and learning
Trust the experts
Rik is a leadership development consultant, speaker, and author who helps leaders grow through leadership assessment, executive coaching, leadership training, and facilitating high impact mentoring programs. His book, The Mentor's Way, is written to help leaders become great mentors. Specialties...