Mentoring Top Talent
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Foster High-Level Performance through Inquiry-Based Coaching™
To keep organizational momentum moving forward, managers require the ability to effectively mentor top talent.
Inquiry-Based Coaching™ (IBC™) is a simple yet powerful evidence-based method for mentoring and supporting high-potential people. In this hands-on workshop, you will be guided through the IBC™ approach for elevating your top talent and actualizing their A-level performance.
The workshop includes a downloadable APP that will give you instant access to the IBC™ methodology after you leave the program.
- Harness the power of IBC™ to become a more effective mentor of high-potential staff
- Empower the mentee to drive results through clear vision, committed purpose and assertive action
- Identify the protégé’s hidden or explicit obstacles, and transform them into opportunities for excellence
- Support the high potential in becoming more genuinely transparent, open and engaged
- Promote honest, open, trusting and effective interactions with others
- Give and receive feedback more confidently (and help your mentee do the same)
This interactive workshop includes hands-on exercises that will enable you to experience IBC™ firsthand.
You will also receive the IBC™ APP to install on your Android or iOS device. The app will give you ongoing access to the IBC™ methodology, and provide you with a checklist of your improvements, insights and opportunities.
- Benefits of Inquiry-Based Coaching™: roles of the mentor/mentee and how IBC™ facilitates the relationship, using IBC™ to strengthen your communication and mentoring abilities
- The obstacle inventory: identifying the mentee’s most important goals, pinpointing the most pressing obstacles getting in their way, bringing assumptions and biases out into the open
- Mentoring high potentials: helping mentees see opportunities rather than obstacles, empowering them to set and act on goals, guiding them to see the bigger picture and transcend risk-adverse decision making, supporting people in taking the next step toward personal growth and career development
- The relationship reset: identifying your mentee’s biases with colleagues, giving and receiving feedback, helping high potentials build trust and collaborate with others
- Further actions: metrics for tracking progress, what to do if you’re stuck or unsure
This interactive workshop includes hands-on exercises that will enable you to experience IBC™ firsthand. You will also receive the IBC™ APP to install on your Android or iOS device. The app will give you ongoing access to the IBC™ methodology, and provide you with a checklist of your improvements, insights and opportunities.
Who should attend
This workshop is for leaders, HR professionals and others who wish to support high-potential talent. The course does not require any previous specific experience.