Mentoring Top Talent
Foster High-Level Performance through Inquiry-Based Coaching™
To keep organizational momentum moving forward, managers require the ability to effectively mentor top talent.
Inquiry-Based Coaching™ (IBC™) is a simple yet powerful evidence-based method for mentoring and supporting high-potential people. In this hands-on workshop, you will be guided through the IBC™ approach for elevating your top talent and actualizing their A-level performance.
The workshop includes a downloadable APP that will give you instant access to the IBC™ methodology after you leave the program.
- Harness the power of IBC™ to become a more effective mentor of high-potential staff
- Empower the mentee to drive results through clear vision, committed purpose and assertive action
- Identify the protégé’s hidden or explicit obstacles, and transform them into opportunities for excellence
- Support the high potential in becoming more genuinely transparent, open and engaged
- Promote honest, open, trusting and effective interactions with others
- Give and receive feedback more confidently (and help your mentee do the same)
- Benefits of Inquiry-Based Coaching™: roles of the mentor/mentee and how IBC™ facilitates the relationship, using IBC™ to strengthen your communication and mentoring abilities
- The obstacle inventory: identifying the mentee’s most important goals, pinpointing the most pressing obstacles getting in their way, bringing assumptions and biases out into the open
- Mentoring high potentials: helping mentees see opportunities rather than obstacles, empowering them to set and act on goals, guiding them to see the bigger picture and transcend risk-adverse decision making, supporting people in taking the next step toward personal growth and career development
- The relationship reset: identifying your mentee’s biases with colleagues, giving and receiving feedback, helping high potentials build trust and collaborate with others
- Further actions: metrics for tracking progress, what to do if you’re stuck or unsure
*Special Features *
This interactive workshop includes hands-on exercises that will enable you to experience IBC™ firsthand.
You will also receive the IBC™ APP to install on your Android or iOS device. The app will give you ongoing access to the IBC™ methodology, and provide you with a checklist of your improvements, insights and opportunities.
Who should attend
This workshop is for leaders, HR professionals and others who wish to support high-potential talent. The course does not require any previous specific experience.