Who should attend
- Interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Looking to efficiently address conflict within your organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
About the course
Mastering mediation skills not only can provide benefits in your personal life, it can provide you with new career opportunities or advancement in your current role. In addition to resolving conflicts, mediation increases productivity, saves time and money, creates a safer workplace, and promotes a climate of collaboration.
During the Mediation Certification course, you will engage in role playing sessions and observations to help you understand the interpersonal dynamics of mediation and get the skills needed to bring disputes to resolution. Plus, after completing the 40-hour program, you are eligible for a Mediation Certificate, allowing you to mediate professionally. If you want to learn mediation tactics or aspire to be a professional mediator, this course is the perfect place to start.
Six Sessions, Eight Topics
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
I began my training career in 1984 when I lived in Brazil, specializing in preparing exchange students for the changes they would encounter when they traveled abroad. It was then that I discovered that creating and delivering customized trainings is a passion. In 1991, at the recommendation of a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.