Measuring Your Mission: Quantifying Social Outcomes
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
The Role of Impact Measurement
A new level of analytical rigor must be applied to questions related to achieving better outcomes. It is also time to adopt a radically different decision-making approach when allocating resources to programming, operations, fundraising and human capital.
In this program, you will explore ways of evaluating your organizational portfolio and increasing credibility for the organizational mission. You will leave equipped and empowered to effectively measure and critically evaluate the social contributions your organization is making.
- Recognize how to ask better questions about outcomes
- Characterize what you will measure and decide how will you measure it
- Illustrate and identify the impact your organization creates for your stakeholders
- Prioritize tools for improving impact measurement
The Cost of Wrong Metrics: The Loss of Strategic Goals
- Identify your organizational or departmental strategy using the Goal, Scope and Logic Framework
- Discuss how you measure your strategic goals
- Think about the importance of specific performance measures which are in alignment with your goal
- Dig through the issues with what you are measuring and how to reduce the misalignment
- Rethink your strategic goal
Uncovering the Nuances of Impact: The Case of Your Organization
We often use the term Impact without having a clear definition of what we are talking about.
- During this first session, based on your survey responses, uncover some of the nuances of impact and discuss strategies for measuring and sharing your impact
- Discuss your current impact measurement strategy and how your organization thinks about future improvements
- Practice the core concepts with a case study
Data Analysis: Core Concepts, Tools and Frameworks
There is a lot that data science and analysis can accomplish, but it cannot do everything.
- In this session, explore some of the core concepts, language, and tools of data analysis with the goal of helping increase the data literacy of participants
- Learn how to demonstrate your organization's impact without relying solely on compelling stories and anecdotes
Using Data Beyond Impact: Improving Operational Effectiveness
Nonprofits often limit data to impact measurement, but data can drive significant operational and programmatic improvements as well.
- During this session discuss the myriad of ways that data can be used within your organizations and lay out frameworks to go from data to real organizational change
- Engage in a hands-on exercise creating a sample evaluation plan
Data + Story: A Modern Leadership Model
The ultimate goal of performing data analytics is for leadership to gain new key insights to make the best-informed decisions.
- Learn how to extrapolate these insights and make them abundantly clear early in your communication
- Experience this special session with the Leadership Story Lab, Chicago, Founder and CEO
Who should attend
- Senior leaders of nonprofit organizations
- Senior public sector leaders, government leaders, educational institution leaders, leaders of faith-based organizations, for-profit social impact and NGO leaders
- Career switchers or for-profit leaders who intend to join a nonprofit team or board