Measuring and Improving Business Performance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
You can’t manage what you can’t measure. This is why management reporting is so crucial to business success. But it’s not that simple. To make sound leadership decisions and meet strategic objectives, you must measure the right things. And by properly using and communicating business metrics, you can influence performance.
This certificate consists of six two-week courses. The program provides you with the tools you need to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting systems to improve the performance of managers and units all across the organization. You’ll learn to see your organization and solve business problems using the principles and vocabulary of managerial and cost accounting. Round out your business skills and steer your organization to success with MBA-level content from the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.
- Choosing the Right Performance Measures for Your Organization
- Aligning Performance Measures with Business Strategy
- Measuring and Motivating Performance
- Measuring and Improving Margins
- Managing Business Capacity with Activity-Based Costing
- Measuring and Improving Efficiency
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Create organizational strategies using the Balanced Scorecard, dashboards, and other tools
- Ensure your measures of performance are capturing the right data and that you are interpreting it correctly
- Determine if your pay-for-performance systems are really rewarding the outcomes and behaviors your organization needs. If they aren’t, find ways to modify what you’re doing to better serve your organization
- Develop methods for improving profit margins
- Use your organization’s capacity efficiently
- Identify sources of inefficiency to help lower costs
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Measuring and Improving Business Performance Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Who should attend
- Managers and leaders responsible for a business unit
- Marketing professionals