About the course
Public companies are increasingly focused on the quality of Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) disclosures in SEC filings.
This seminar emphasizes key MD&A developments, including SEC guidance on non-GAAP disclosures, the SEC Disclosure Effectiveness Project, SEC releases, comment letters, speeches, and disclosure best practices with a focus on expanding and improving the effectiveness and compliance of MD&As.
Example MD&As and hands-on exercises involving actual MD&A disclosures are incorporated throughout the seminar. The exercises provide participants a real-world opportunity to evaluate and critique MD&A disclosures and discuss how they might be improved and applied to their own MD&A Disclosures.
- Overview of Management's Discussion and Analysis Requirements
- Review and Analysis of Underlying MD&A Releases
- Critical Accounting Policies and Estimates
- Analysis of Example MD&As on Key Topical Issues
- Goodwill Considerations
- Cash Flow Disclosures
- Impairment Testing Disclosures
- Non-U.S. GAAP Financial Measure Disclosures
- Common Practices in Drafting Guidance
- Required Trend Disclosure
- Forward-Looking Information
- Trends in SEC Comments
Mary Anne Busse is a nationally recognized expert in disclosure and governance, having served for several years in various capacities with the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C., her last assignment as Senior Counsel in the Division of Corporation Finance. Ms. Busse currently ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.