Maximizing Team Effectiveness: Teamwork and Team Building
Gone are the days of working alone. Effective managers and leaders must develop the skills and ability to build strong, engaged teams. Bringing work groups and teams together to achieve organizational goals is the responsibility to today's modern leader.
When working to build and maximize team effectiveness, managers and leaders must have tools in their team building tool-kits. This highly experiential course walks participants through the stages of team building, provides for learning and reflection, and solutions to real life scenarios.
Participants will be engaged from the start of this two day course, to the very end. The development of key team building stages, to clearly defining roles, duties and responsibilities, managers and leaders play an essential role in team performance and maximizing overall team effectiveness.
Target Areas of Knowledge
- The role of teamwork and team building in the workplace
- Stages of team development
- Supervisory role in building effective teams
- Useful teambuilding strategies
- Characteristics of successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- Ability to recognize the stages of team development and engage strategies for overall team effectiveness
- Increased awareness of the role of spending time on teambuilding activities
- Added tools and resources to assist in building effective teams
- Measured characteristics of overall team effectiveness and performance
- Planned events for team success
- How to acknowledge and positively engage the role of the manager and leader in team processes
- How to engage team members while developing support and buy-in for team initiatives
Who should attend
Aspiring or newly promoted supervisors, process and production supervisors, front-line supervisors, and experienced supervisors who wish to gain knowledge, information and resources to be an effective leader and supervisor in today's diverse work environment.