Masters Certificate in Sales Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Participate in the full Masters Certificate in Sales Leadership program or register for one of the three single modules: strategy, people and process.
Link theory to practice with action-based learning, featuring collaborative exercises, business simulation, business case studies, virtual learning, best-practice sharing, dialogue and peer coaching. Benefit from leading-edge research and a cross-disciplinary approach informed by business, psychology, social science, information technology and adult learning.
Each module prepares you to be a dynamic innovator and expands your horizons of knowledge in multiple areas. You’ll develop the skills necessary to increase revenue, reduce employee turnover, improve sales funnel velocity and enhance return on investment. Transform your sales and organizational culture to surpass expectations by leading and implementing a comprehensive, strategic and tactical approach across all facets of your sales organization.
What you will learn
The program will especially benefit sales leaders who manage a sales force that operates in today’s complex business-to-business environment. Participants will take away the following:
- Leadership principles and critical thinking skills
- Strategic business alignment plan
- Sales management process
- Segmentation and coverage strategy
- Opportunity and account management process
- Innovative approaches to motivation
- Coaching and mentoring models
- Maximizing today’s sales recruitment
- Performance management
- Change management skills
- Innovation model
- Adaptation of today’s social tool set for selling
Strategy - The What
Leadership and Enhancing Your Critical Thinking
- Transforming Organizations for Success – a Leader’s Perspective
- Achieving inner integrity: understanding yourself and others
- Innovating through resilience and a culture of change
- Situational Leadership
- Integrating by aligning people, processes and structure
- Applying tecniques of critical thinking
- Influencing through building human networks
- Integrating by aligning people, processes and structure
Learning Outcome: Use a world-class sales leadership model to improve your leadership approach and ability to achieve in-year sales results and long-term returns.
Strategy Alignment: Linking Sales Plans & Growth to Company Strategy
- Corporate strategy fundamentals
- Achieving alignment – Managing Up, Down & Across
- Understanding the true Unique Value Proposition
- Identifying leading indicators that you can manage for success
Learning Outcome: Using a strategy canvas, participants will create a roadmap to grow revenue, a corporate value proposition and leading indicators of future success.
Strategy Execution: Putting Your Strategy into Action
- Segmenting clients, opportunities and buyers
- Sales structure, selling roles, coverage and deployment
- Motivation and incentives
- Forecasting, quota setting and goal allocation
Learning Outcome: This module links corporate strategy with sales execution. Learn practical methodologies for translating organizational goals into tactics to optimize sales execution.
The Account Development & Opportunity Management Processes
- Identify untapped potential – grow net new business
- Develop a winning competitive strategy
- Get higher, deeper with the proper account strategy
- Gain access to conversations that increase wallet and market share
- Create new opportunities for you and your clients
- Increase sales productivity & reduce sales cycle time
Learning Outcome: Learn how to inspire a client-centred approach to create real value for your clients. Build an account development and opportunity management process that will drive competitive advantage.
Leveraging the Most out of Today’s Channels
- Learn the sales efficiencies in the Team Approach in selling
- Effective inside to outside business development
- Learn the latest on B2B selling
Learning Outcome: Participants will also learn the current best practices in B2B selling, methodology, management of, and accountability.
Problem Solving and Innovating for Improved Performance in Complex Environments
- Issue Identification: the new leading-edge leadership skill
- Downstream innovation: the greatest source of innovation – your frontline sales force
- Engaging employees, capturing valuable insights and delivering ideas that create value for your organization
Learning Outcome: A strong understanding of the important role sales people play in problem solving and the innovation process
People - The Who
Influential Communication for Leaders
- Powerful presentation structures that gain attention and influence actions
- How to get your message heard, understood and remembered
- Recognize and unleash personal communication strengths to further your impact
Learning Outcome: Learn why what your listeners think of your ideas,plans and your entire organization is affected by how they react to you as a leader when you communicate.
Sourcing and Attracting Top Talent for Your Teams
- Develop key elements of an effective employment value proposition to hire top performers
- Improve critial components of the recruitment process to get better hiring results
- How to interview and what to look for
- Use data analytics to drive workforce strategies
- Modelling compensation, incentive and reward
- Understanding CRM
Learning Outcome: Learn modern techniques for attracting the best talent to your organization. Participate in key exercises to improve critical components of the recruitment process including interviewing and strategies for driving better candidate quality. Learn how to leverage insights to develop a more strategic approach to recruitment and compensation.
Team Coaching & Mentoring Techniques to Drive Higher Performance
- Ongoing coaching & feedback to improve sales levels
- Key elements of an effective coaching & mentoring process
- Adapting your coaching style to the needs of individuals
- Using questions to illuminate insight and inspire action
- Inspiring self-directed mastery for breakthrough performance
Learning Outcome: Participants will apply world-class coaching approaches with their current team. Includes a powerful peer-to-peer coaching exercise.
Performance Management That Works Better
- Fostering mutual intent, respect and purpose
- Establishing a performance expectation system
- Engaging in difficult conversations
- Dealing with ‘quit and stay’ marginal performers
- Succession planning approaches for ‘high potentials’
Learning Outcome: You are responsible for Sales and People. We are all clear on how to manage “Sales Cycles” but how many of us are clear on how to manage our “People Cycles.” Come away from this day with a clear understanding of the 10 Steps in the People Management Cycle, where your gaps are and a plan to address them.
Process - The How
Re-Thinking Change Leadership
- Discovering individual challenges with organizational change
- Exploring new methods for ‘re-framing’ thinking and communication
- Advanced approaches to rapport development and reducing resistance
Learning Outcome: An awareness of how certain behaviours/approaches impact others and employing advanced interpersonal communication tools to enhance the effectiveness of attaining alignment around required change.
Building Sales Mastery: Foundations of Confidence and Competence
- Exploring the impact of control on confidence and development of competence.
- Exploring new methods for ‘re-framing’ thinking and communication essential for success in sales and sales management.
- Advanced approaches to goal setting, activity management, rapport building and discovery.
Learning Outcome: Understanding the physiology and psychology that underpins some of the most complex sales and sales management behaviours and developing sales and sales management strategies that build confidence and drive top level sales performance in the face of challenges.
Digital Sales Leadership – Data Analytics, Data Acquisition, Digital Transformation
- Learn the differentiating types of data analytics for actionable insights
- Digital transformation for improved customer experience
- Developing data acquisition and sales management strategies
Learning Outcome: Participants will define the major stages of a digital transformation program and develop strategic plans for the application of data analytics across the sales process.
Optimizing Customer Intelligence with Actionable Insights
- How customer intelligence delivers competitive advantage
- Learn about maximizing today’s tools for greater actionable analytics
- Learn strategies that increase customer satisfaction while decreasing cost
- Leveraging Google for business development
Learning Outcome: Participants will explore how customer intelligence is required for today’s selling. Understanding what is available (Google, etc.), and how to maximize all analytics for a greater and more cost-effective method of business development.
Exploring Social Selling Mastery™
- Why sales needs social media
- Traits of a successful social selling program
- How to drive pipeline and revenue with social media
- Leverage LinkedIn for business development including Sales Navigator
Learning Outcome: Learn practical tips and techniques to attract buyers on social media.
Participants present their organization-specific case projects emphasizing key takeaways, challenges and strategies with feedback from peers and the Advisory Panel.
Who should attend
Limited to just 25 participants, this program is designed for those driven to be best-in-class in sales leadership, and specifically for sales executives and managers with several years of leadership experience who are, or will be, responsible for strategic direction. This program is recommended for vice-presidents; directors of sales; divisional managers; national, international, regional and area sales managers; high-potential leaders with mature sales experience; and presidents of small and medium business. An entry interview will confirm that the program suits your experience and goals and will provide a fertile, collaborative learning environment of colleagues.