Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Swaps continue to play a fundamental role in the financial markets. Challenges like alternative reference rates, LIBOR rigging, increased collateral requirements and intense competition for clearing business, have not slowed the inexorable growth of this vital financial tool which enables borrowers, investors and banks to hedge their interest rate, currency, credit, equity, commodity, volatility and inflation exposures.
This course will give you the opportunity to integrate a theoretical knowledge of swaps with practical market applications.
How you will learn
You will use practical sessions and exercises so that you will be able to apply your new knowledge immediately. These include:
- Calculating the risks and rewards of the swaps market
- Applying and using interest rate derivatives effectively
- Exploring the full range of swap products
- Learning about the pricing and arbitrage relationships in the swaps market
- Applying swaps to risk management
MECHANICS OF SWAPS
- Mastering Swaps Markets
- Pricing a Corporate Bond
- CASE STUDY: Calculating Forward/Forward Prices and Zero-Coupon Rates
- CASE STUDY: Hedging an Equity Portfolio
- Swap Curves and Government Curves
MEASURING AND MANAGING RISK
- CASE STUDY: Contract Specifications
- CASE STUDY: How Hedging Works
- CASE STUDY: Interest Rate Risk Management
- CASE STUDY: Hedging Duration Gaps
- CASE STUDY: Portfolio Management
- CASE STUDY: Risk Management at Apple
- CASE STUDY: Asset Swaps
- CASE STUDY: Asset and Liability Management
- CASE STUDY: Amortising, Accreting and Roller-Coaster Swaps
- CASE STUDY: Credit Default Swaps
- CASE STUDY: FRAs, Futures and Interest Rate Swaps
- CASE STUDY: Forward Rate Agreements
- CASE STUDY: JP Morgan Swaps
- Valuing Interest Rate Swaps: A Traditional Approach
- CASE STUDY: Rationale for OIS Discounting
SWAP DRIVEN DEALS
- CASE STUDY: Nestle’s Swap Driven Bond Issue
- CASE STUDY: Swap Driven Bond Issues (Multilateral Development Bank)
- CASE STUDY: Nordic Export Credit’s Currency Swap
- CASE STUDY: FMC Corporation
MANAGING CURRENCY RISK
- CASE STUDY: Multi-Currency Debt Management
- How Global Investors Turn Negative JGB Yields into Big Returns
- Hedging Challenges
- CASE STUDY: Portuguese Train Company Can’t Escape Snowballs
- CASE STUDY: The Rules of Risk Management
Alan helps banks and their clients to manage risk. He has designed and delivered over 1600 highly interactive training days in more than 40 countries for the International Faculty of Finance, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Rabobank, BNP Paribas, Societe Generale, U...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.