Mastering Strategy Design
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
Good strategy design is at the core of sustained business success. But developing an effective strategy has become an increasingly difficult process as seismic shifts in competition, globalisation and technology have rendered many traditional strategic frameworks irrelevant. Mastering Strategy Design focuses on the content and process of strategy design formulation in the rapidly changing global business landscape.
Over seven evening sessions and one full day workshop, participants will be exposed latest thinking, concepts and analytical tools in corporate and business strategy. With an emphasis on practical application, the programme will guide the participants through a pragmatic strategy design formulation process based on forward-looking practices of today’s top performing companies. Participants will apply the learning in a structured set of sessions to their business realities, and practice developing a strategic plan for their organisation .
The intent of this programme is to leverage the collective wisdom and experience that participants bring to class to enrich the learning of each participant. After each session of the class, you will apply the learning to your organisation to develop an aspect of strategy appropriate to your business. On the last day you will develop the draft strategy design for your organisation. This course requires substantive work on your behalf in applying the concepts to your organisation.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Develop a robust business and corporate strategy design based on an assessment of your external and internal environments;
- Ensure that your corporate objectives are grounded in the socio-economic reality;
- Develop your plan so that it meets your corporate objectives;
- Detail key actions aligned to your plan;
- Enrich your strategy development process with a variety of perspectives and scenarios;
- Develop a set key criteria for good strategy design;
- Evaluate the quality and content of your strategic plan on the criteria and adjust where necessary; and
- Set up your plan to succeed, by making your strategy actionable.
Key focus areas:
- The concept of corporate and competitive strategy;
- The adaptation of concepts to SOEs and state departments;
- The notion of institutions and the role institutions play in strategy development in SOEs and state departments.;
- The role the context (internal and external environments) plays in the development of strategy;
- The importance of industry structure and positioning in the development of strategy;
- The concept of distinctive competencies.
- The idea of strategy as revolution or blue ocean strategy; and
- The attributes of good strategy design.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for C-suite executives, divisional heads and functional heads. The programme is ideally suited for C-suite teams from diverse companies or divisional teams of large companies. The company team participation will facilitate in leveraging the collective knowledge of the business to develop a robust strategic plan for your respective companies and divisions.