Who should attend
Level 2 | Supervisors, Executives & Emerging Managers
Level 3 | New Managers
About the course
What makes a person effective? Personal effectiveness is having both the aptitude and attitude to reach one's full potential and maximise contribution to organisational goals. Participants will learn how to make the most of their personal resources - their personal talents, energy and time - to be the best of who they can be.
Participants will enhance their personal effectiveness to impact organisational performance in their respective areas of responsibility (and correspondingly, topline and/or bottomline impact).
- Evaluate personal goals and align them to your organisational goals
- Complete a personal SWOT analysis and how it can be used to contribute towards organisational success
- Work effectively with others in a business context to achieve organisational goals. Build bonds and create a happy, productive work environment
- Manage your time and resources effectively to achieve goals
- Identify suitable work-life balance strategies and programmes to achieve personal as well as organisational goals
- Optimise productivity while maintaining a work-life balance
- Learn to assess emotional intelligence of self and others, and identify ways to increase its level
- Apply emotional intelligence to guide thinking and actions and to influence and persuade others to achieve a win-win outcome
- Introduction to Mastering Personal Effectiveness and Emotional Competence
- Personal goals and alignment to organisational goals
- Overcoming weaknesses and leveraging on strengths to contribute towards organisational goal
- Managing time and resources
- Work-life balance in achieving organisational effectiveness
- Causes of stress that affect self and staff; and strategies and techniques to manage them
- Emotional Intelligence in a business context and effect on organisational goals and objectives
- Recognising the emotional strengths and weaknesses of individuals and exercise flexibility and adaptability in dealing with them
- Managing own emotions and maintain composure, self-confidence and resilience when dealing with challenges and setbacks
- Applying Emotional Intelligence to influence and persuade others to achieve a win-win outcome
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.