Mastering Performance Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Many finance functions and performance management processes are being modernised to anticipate and adapt to change. So how are leading organisations managing changes in performance management? And how can recent academic research and best practices help businesses adapt to successfully deal with change?
Performance management experts and thought leaders from Finext will discuss real-life challenges. They will present best practices in finance modernisation or planning and forecasting. Practitioners will present a case study on challenges and improvement initiatives within their organisation. Each session will conclude with a panel discussion, a Q&A session among the participants, RSM academics, Finext and other business presenters.
Join the five masterclasses of four hours each, led by a business professional and faculty members. Each masterclass will focus on one of the following topics:
- Modernising the finance function
- Mastering planning and forecasting
- Financial analytics and data science
- Performance evaluation and incentive structures
- Integrated thinking and reporting
After the five masterclasses, you will be able to:
- link the latest research to what actually works best in practice
- gather and share best practices in your organisation
- acknowledge case examples
Other courses you may want to consider
Masters Certificate in Risk Management and Business Performance Leadership
Become a key expert in risk management and help your Canadian business or government agency excel in the global market.
Master risk planning and implementation and learn to prepare risk profiles and reports for senior management and the board so you can make confident recommendations on your organization’s current state of risk management.
Take advantage of the program’s world-class faculty of risk management practitioners, academics and professional facilitators. Sign on for one or all of the four- and five-day standalone modules: Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Enterprise Risk Implementation and Advanced Enterprise Risk Practices. You will thrive in the program’s blend of lectures, presentations and hands-on and peer-to-peer learning during in-class exercises, discussions and workshops as you gain valuable insight and tools.
Course content details
Enterprise Risk Management Framework
Aligning Risk, Strategy and Business Performance in a Changing Environment – Setting the Framework
Study the relationship between risk, strategy and business performance. Understand the essential theory and review generally-accepted risk management frameworks and standards to be better prepared to lay the framework for successful enterprise risk management.
Overview: The Framework module provides leaders with the essential elements to establish and maintain a successful risk program to support the achievement of strategy with clear definition of risk appetite. The program crystallizes the value proposition for risk management with hindsight from lessons from past events. It equips participants to tailor a risk management policy and framework, establish clear oversight and governance, and develop a roadmap for successful implementation.
- Study the relationship between, risk, strategy and business performance
- Crystallize the value proposition for risk management with hindsight from lessons learned from past events and failings or successes of others
- Understand the essential theory and review generally-accepted risk management standards to be better prepared to develop a framework for successful enterprise risk management
- Learn to use the bowtie model and understand the key elements required to undertake comprehensive risk assessments, including the ability to differentiate risk events, hazards, root causes and consequences
- Understand the key stages involved in the development of robust risk appetite frameworks and how these can be used to help navigate key business decisions
Enterprise Risk Implementation
Practical Implementation… From Concept to Reality – Techniques for Building Capabilities
Learn how to develop and operationalize a risk-management framework and supporting process as you design a tailored implementation approach for your organization.
Overview: The Risk Implementation module provides business and risk leaders with the capabilities to design or refine their risk management framework and develop an enabling process that is sustainable and repeatable. Learn how to plan and execute effective risk workshops. Understand and know how to develop and apply key risk indicators. Focus on the formulation and implementation of robust risk response strategies. Obtain practical implementation guidance from Chief Risk Officer guest lecturers.
- Consider how to effectively operationalize a risk management framework and develop a sustainable and repeatable program
- Learn how to plan and execute effective risk workshops
- Understand and know how to develop and apply key risk indicators
- Focus on the formulation and implementation of robust risk response strategies
- Obtain practical implementation guidance from Chief Risk Officer guest lecturers
Advanced Enterprise Risk Practices
Risk Culture, Reporting & Advanced Topics – Taking it to the Next Level
Know the critical importance of risk culture and how to assess it. Learn advanced techniques to keep up with rapid change and emerging risks, and effectively report your risk profile and the ongoing state of risk management in your organization.
Overview: The Advanced Risk Practices module emphasizes the importance of culture as a critical success factor for effective risk management. Participants will learn to address rapid change and emerging risks and how to effectively profile risks and report to key stakeholders, including senior management and the board. You will be encouraged to share experiences and best practices through case studies from leading organizations and presentations from guest speakers.
- Learn how to identify the key hallmarks of a strong risk culture and the “red flags” associated with potential deficiencies in your organization’s risk culture
- Learn to customize your approach to ERM to suit your business context, organization, culture and environment
- Understand the psychology of risk and the impact of cognitive biases with consideration of approaches to mitigate
- Refine your risk profiling and enhance reporting to key stakeholders on risk and the ongoing state of risk management in your organization or area of responsibility
- Hear of trends and development in enterprise risk management and consider the future of ERM and what it means for you and your organization
Who should attend
This program is designed for executives and business leaders with responsibility for meeting performance targets, including: Executive Management & Board Members, Vice-Presidents & Directors, Senior Managers & Divisional Managers in public or private companies, or public-sector entities…from diverse business areas such as: Risk Management, Corporate Planning & Business Development, Finance, Accounting or Audit, Public Sector Program Administration, Business Operations, Marketing, Sales & Product Development, Systems, Technology & Project Management.