Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Enterprises operating in a world full of uncertainties see demand affected in ways that are not yet understood. New complexities and challenges add risk to financial plans. Modernising finance functions is often part of the response, but what are the best practices for modernising and mastering performance management?
In a series of five masterclasses, you can explore the current state in academic research and in business. What works well and what doesn’t?
Performance management experts and thought leaders from Finext will discuss real-life challenges. They will present best practices in finance modernisation or planning and forecasting. Practitioners will present a case study on challenges and improvement initiatives within their organisation. Each session will conclude with a panel discussion, a Q&A session among the participants, RSM academics, Finext and other business presenters.
Join the five masterclasses of four hours each, led by a business professional and faculty members. Each masterclass will focus on one of the following topics:
- Modernising the finance function
- Mastering planning and forecasting
- Financial analytics and data science
- Performance evaluation and incentive structures
- Integrated thinking and reporting
After the five masterclasses, you will be able to:
- identify where effective changes can be made within your organisation
- know what works best in practice
- organise your finance team to cope with developments in AI applications and cloud computing
- apply budgeting planning and forecasting while addressing pitfalls and dysfunctions
- work with big data applications to bring value to the business
- set targets and measure performance while preventing dysfunctional effects
- understand how integrated reporting can drive value creation, and how to use
Trust the experts
Profile Frank Hartmann is a professor at the Department of Accounting & Control, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM). His research activities focus on investigating management control system design. He has published widely on this topic both nationally and international...
Marcel van Rinsum
Profile Marcel van Rinsum is Professor of Accounting & Incentives After obtaining a MSc in Business Economics with a specialization in Financial Management from the University of Amsterdam (with distinction), he earned his PhD degree in 2006. Currently serving as the department''s treasurer...
Profile Professional experience Endowed Professor Erasmus University Rotterdam RSM - Rotterdam School of Management Department of Accounting & Control Associate Professor Erasmus University Rotterdam RSM - Rotterdam School of Management Department of Accounting & Control ## Cour...
Iuliana Sandu holds a Senior Lecturer position in the department of Accounting & Control at Rotterdam School of Management. She earned her master’s degree in Economics and Finance of Aging at Tilburg University, her master’s degree in Accounting, Audit and Management Information Systems and h...