Who should attend
This online training course facilitates the transfer of knowledge regards how to manage and lead. It combines technical theory ‘book smarts’ with real life experience ‘street smarts’. It is applicable for all levels and functions within a company.
This Oxford training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those who need to develop their understanding about leadership, management and communication
- Those who are looking for business gains and benefits from managing their teams more effectively
- Leaders and managers responsible for working through others to achieve company goals
About the course
This Oxford Mastering People Management & Team Leadership online training course enables experienced managers to ‘master’ people management & to have confidence that team leadership can be taught and makes a tangible difference to the manager, the team and the organization. An important area is that the difference between leadership and management is essential to understand.
But what makes a leader truly credible? Why and how are followers actually inspired? Part of the answer is the ability to ‘influence’ others – organisations get more from motivated teams than groups of individuals. Leadership makes this happen; it is a skill that involves understanding a number of core management concepts then being able to put these into practice. This online training course equips experienced managers with leadership tools that enable them to thrive in any situation.
This Oxford online training course will highlight:
- How to be more effective, increase personal impact, make better use of time, and delegate appropriately
- Appreciate the benefits of clear communication, influence through building rapport, how to recognize and then manage conflict
- Key factors and steps in team building, people management and how to motivate
- Mastering people management & team leadership through dynamic coaching, mentoring and development
- Understanding and defining the key aspects and potential of your role
This Oxford online training course will introduce the fundamental principles of how to effectively manage people and lead teams, and show participants how to share this knowledge through active coaching and mentoring.
At the end of this online training course, you will learn to:
- Understand your role as manager and leader
- Establish clear objectives and standards of performance for your teams
- Manage your workload using effective prioritisation and delegation techniques
- Maximise your influencing skills through skilled communication
- Build an effective team and exceed expectations
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online using ClickMeeting and has three sessions starting from 0900 and end 1400.
Participants who have shared and practiced different ways of performing the key leadership functions offer:
- Increased self-awareness, flexibility and confidence.
- Motivated to deal with operational tasks
- Better able to stand back from the everyday detail
- Capable of focusing on the longer-term organisational needs
- Secure in the knowledge that their team are truly capable, or able to identify why not
Participants will be exposed to and gain:
- Increasing career flexibility: managers with these skills are in short supply
- A range of different approaches to leadership and management practice
- The ability to select leadership and management approaches most suitable for their situation and personal style
- Confidence through the opportunity to experiment with key techniques before applying them in the workplace
- The self-assurance to move beyond traditional assumptions about the ‘right’ way to manage
Understanding Your Role
- Leader or Manager?
- Beyond the Job Description: Finding-out What Your Organisation Requires of You
- Balancing Conflicting Stakeholder Demands
- Understanding the Nature of Change
- A Model for Implementing Change
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding Yourself and Your Organisational Environment
- Outcome Orientation
- Setting Personal and Team Objectives
- Managing Performance
- Finding and Using Time Effectively
- A Model for Effective Delegation
Communication, Influence and Conflict Management
- Channels of Communication
- Effective Listening Skills
- Emotions and Rapport
- Persuasion and Negotiation: The Keys to Personal Influence
- Managing Conflict Assertively
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How High-performing Teams Work?
- Identifying Team Roles
- Motivation and Reward
- Building and Sharing a Vision
- Different Approaches to Leadership
- Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and
- How People Learn?
- Coaching for Personal and Team Growth
- Feedback Skills
- Development Planning
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.