Mastering Mergers & Acquisitions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
In broad terms, there are two distinctive forms of acquisition:
- Circumstances where the purchasing and selling parties are co-operating to achieve a mutually satisfactory transaction
- Circumstances where the purchaser is bidding to acquire control, and their efforts are being resisted
In the former circumstance, the primary focus is on the assessment of the merits of the transaction and the terms and conditions that will be negotiated in the Selling and Purchase Agreement (SPA).
In the latter circumstance, the negotiation of the SPA will be replaced by the tactics and strategies that can be pursued to either defend the unwanted offer, or to overcome the resistance to the bid and acquire the control.
In both cases, the parties will need to be aware of the regulatory regime that will govern the conduct of the parties, and the acquirer will need to give careful consideration to the various financing options that are available, and the cashflow, tax and accounting consequences that will follow from the adopted approach.
Throughout the course, the various issues are illustrated indepth with numerous real-life case examples.
This intensive course is packed with practical information and will equip you with a detailed understanding of a wide range of M&A topics and issues, including:
- The commercial evaluation of M&A opportunities
- New and enhanced techniques for valuing firms
- Practical pricing analysis
- The role of private equity in M&A
- Keys to successfully managing the different aspects of the acquisition process
- Dealing with complex financing issues
How You Will Learn
Be guided step-by-step through the various complex M&A topics and issues
You will leave with an awareness of the regulatory regime that governs the M&A process. As well as learning how to give careful consideration to the various financing options that are available, and the cashflow, tax and accounting consequences that will follow from any adopted approach. The course is focused on giving practical guidance with extensive use of illustrative examples, case precedents, and challenging exercises for the participants.