Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Over three intensive days you will:
- Focus on the practical applications of a wide range of financial products and derivatives
- Examine the rationale, mechanics and risks/rewards for investors in a variety of financial instruments
- Focus on the way in which financial instruments function and the markets and platforms upon which they trade
- Benefit from interactive sections and class discussions
- Understand the essential nuances and characteristics of securities and derivatives
How You Will Learn
The course covers three days of interactive lectures/discussions. There will also be collective exercises and analytics using techniques covered in the course
Case studies and exercises include: UK gilt market, types of gilts, index linked gilts, role of GEMM’s, role of Debt Management Office, nature and trading of STRIPS; Global Macro hedge fund strategy, macroeconomic themes and analysis of asset class correlations
- Fixed Income Securities
- Money Markets, Foreign Exchange and Settlement
- Collective Investment Schemes
- Financial Products Analysis
- Global Markets/Indices
- Derivatives: Fundamentals and the Underlying Markets
- Exchange-Traded Futures
- Exchange-Traded Options
- Key Elements of Swaps
- Trading Derivatives, Hedging and Investment Strategies
- Managing Financial Risk and Portfolio Construction
Case Studies Examples
- UK gilt market, types of gilts, index linked gilts, role of GEMM’s, role of Debt Management Office, nature and trading of STRIPS
- Growth of alternative trading venues in US and Europe Dark Pools, BATS, Multilateral Trading Facilities
- Characteristics of a fully automated settlement and clearing system
- Global Macro hedge fund strategy, macroeconomic themes and analysis of asset class correlations
Clive Corcoran has been engaged in the finance and asset management sectors, on both sides of the Atlantic, for more than 25 years. After completing his education in the UK, Canada and the US, he co-founded and became the CEO of an asset management company based in the USA during the 1980s and 90...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.