Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The program is designed for global participants, covering US and EU regulatory, legal and policy issues, and will be of particular relevance to:
- Corporate board directors
- Audit Committee members
- CEOs, CFOs and any C-Suite leader who reports to the board on enterprise risk
- Senior professionals who work closely with boards in an advisory capacity
About the course
A 3-day deep-dive program, taught live online by master-practitioners under the guidance of UCLA Anderson’s world-renowned Corporate Governance faculty, which develops board vigilance and resilience across three vital areas.
- Stakeholder Engagement – the groundwork required in advance of any crisis is robust and transparent communication and interaction between companies and their key stakeholders
- Crisis Management – the board must develop and constantly practice a flexible framework, methodology and mindset on crisis oversight around the pillars of prevention, detection and recovery
Cybersecurity – effective preparation goes beyond individual cyber incident response, requiring an innovative approach at each phase of the crisis management lifecycle to address unknown and ever-evolving risks ** Day 1: Stakeholder Engagement**
Understand global trends including regulatory obligations for Stakeholder Engagement
Learn how the Board can use Stakeholder Engagement to improve performance and culture
Develop key stakeholder identification, assessment and priority mapping processes
Draft a Board reporting plan as the cornerstone of an overarching framework for Stakeholder Engagement processes
Day 2: Crisis Management
- Develop skills for assessing events that can snowball into existential threats to the organization
- Learn tools and techniques that can be applied by board members to any crisis
- Build mastery of crisis management tools, and reflect on your program learnings by playing out a crisis scenario
Day 3: Cybersecurity
- Understand how to Identify both common and unexpected cyber risks
- Benchmark against the latest board best practices to mitigate digital and cyber risk
- Learn the board’s regulatory and legal responsibilities in key jurisdictions
- Create a template plan and strategy for testing readiness to prevent, detect and (when necessary) disclose cyber risks
- Offered live online in three consecutive day-long sessions, the program includes lectures, a panel discussion, and interactive exploration of case studies.
- The teaching will be based on case studies drawn from the actual experiences of practitioner faculty, developed under the guidance of the Program Directors and Academic Faculty.
- The cases will facilitate and encourage peer interaction and active participation both during formal working sessions and informal networking breaks.
Paul Raleigh is an independent business advisor and consultant who holds a number of Independent Non-Executive directorships including Non-Executive Chair of Aviva Life and Pensions Ireland DAC. During a long career at Grant Thornton, Raleigh rose to Managing Partner in Ireland from 2003 to 2011 ...
Education University of California, Davis, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1983 University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1979 Steve Zipperstein has practiced law for nearly 37 years in California, Washington D.C., New York, and New Jersey. During his career, Steve has worked as a law firm litigat...
Francis Hackett became Chairman, KPMG Legal Services in 2014 and leads KPMG's Legal Services Department while serving as a member of KPMG Global Legal Services Steering Committee. With over 20 years’ experience of advising on corporate and commercial law, including 10 years as a main board direct...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.