Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is very suitable for marketers who are moving into roles which are more strategic, therefore requiring knowledge of a wider range of tools. It will also be valuable for current marketers who want to refresh their knowledge of how to structure a plan. Finally, those managers from other related disciplines, such as Sales, R & D & Operations, will gain a great deal from an appreciation of what true Marketing entails. Formal marketing qualifications are not a pre-requisite for this course.
About the course
This stimulating 3 day workshop guides you through each step of the process of developing your own strategic and tactical marketing plan, to increase your competitive advantage in the market place. A combination of tried and tested marketing tools and frameworks will be used, as well as newly developed ones, to reflect the ever changing nature of our profession. A range of techniques are used to make the learning experience real and lasting, including group exercises, mini case studies, self-tests and video clips. You’ll build up your own plan as the workshop proceeds, using building blocks which you can adapt and tailor to your own situation, and which you will take away with you at the end of the course.
- Marketing – its scope & scale
- Market orientation
- Organisation objectives (Vision, Mission, Values, Brand)
- Situation audit:
- Market research data – where to find it
- External environment – PESTEL, 5 Forces, competitor benchmarking
- Internal environment – portfolio analysis, innovation audit
- The marketing audit – SWOT and TOWS
- Strategic planning
- Corporate and marketing objectives
- Types of growth – product/market matrix (PMM)
- Latest thinking on PMM
- Customer segmentation and targeting
- Positioning – perceptual mapping & strategy canvases
- Tactical Planning
- Marketing mix: 4Ps + 3 Service Ps
- Latest thinking on Marketing Mix (2016)
- Implementation – action plans
- Control – key performance indicators (balanced scorecard framework)
An innovator is his own right, Tony Lindley is a highly experienced marketing trainer and is also Managing Director of his own consultancy and training business. Since starting his business career with industrial conglomerate GKN, Tony worked in sales and marketing for a number of blue chip co...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.