Marketing Strategy in Practice
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
Marketers everywhere are seeking to raise the awareness of marketing as a vital strategic discipline within their enterprises. For this to happen, it is crucially important to implement the series of steps necessary to construct and carry out an effective marketing plan. This three day course provides the immersion necessary to embed this process in an inspiring and practical way.
- The key components of marketing orientation.
- Vision, mission, values, brand analysis.
- External environment – PEST & 5 Forces analysis.
- Internal environment – classifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinating the marketing audit – the SWOT/TOWS analysis.
- Setting strategic marketing objectives, using the product/market matrix.
- Understanding existing and potential customers.
- Segmenting customers, selecting the best targets.
- Positioning our offerings, using positioning maps and strategy canvases.
- The 7 elements of the Marketing Mix.
- Control – use of key performance indicators.
- Putting it all together into an actionable plan.
Who should attend
Marketers who are moving into roles which are increasingly strategic. • It will also be valuable for existing marketing managers who want to refresh their knowledge of tools and frameworks in a practical way. • Sales people, and managers from other disciplines, will gain a thorough appreciation of the strategic marketing process. • Formal marketing qualifications are not a prerequisite for this course.