Who should attend
This certificate program is for managers who understand the greater impact they can make in their career and for their company when they take a new approach, integrating marketing skills into their management approach and interactions with the marketing department.
For non-marketing professionals who want to expand their marketing knowledge in a specific area or want to earn a well-rounded certificate, the Kelley online marketing certificate will help you get there.
About the course
The Marketing Strategy Online Certificate program will help managers with marketing responsibilities and those who interface with marketing operations understand marketing strategy, value-based pricing, new product and service introduction, and how to effectively communicate their company’s story. Marketing is the oxygen of a company, and great customer-centric marketing produces profit, enabling your company to innovate and change as markets and competitors evolve
People who earn the marketing certificate online will:
- Be able to identify the essential elements of great marketing and gain proficiency in manipulating them to mold customers perceptions and grow business
- Use practical marketing concepts and tools to build customer trial and repeat purchase
- Construct a solid marketing strategy that is customer-centric and sales and profit-focused.
The Kelley School of Business is nationally recognized for its innovative online programs. This 12-week program is delivered by award-winning faculty members with real-world experience.
This certificate will require three to four hours of work per week, half of which will consist of a live synchronous session. The program is designed to have maximum career impact and encourages engagement with your peers and the instructor. Coursework is also designed to help you set and achieve personal goals with individual work.
The curriculum is divided into four three-week courses. Each course begins the first full week of the month and runs for three consecutive weeks. Register for all four courses at once to earn your certificate or take individual courses as your schedule allows.
Course 1: What a Business Professional Should Know About Marketing
- It all begins with the customer. The benefits of making the customer the center of your world and how to do it!
- Develop great value for your customers. Strive to meet and anticipate customer desires though it will be painful at times.
- Communicate the value. It is hard to enjoy sales if customers don’t know about your solutions or have a reason to buy.
Course 2: Growing the Business Using New Solutions
- The New Solutions Development Process: Describe methods for evaluating potential new products and services, including innovation, to increase success.
- Evaluate new solutions to select the sure winners.
- Gain practical direction for building successful go-to-market strategies and for launching new solutions.
Course 3: Pricing Strategies–Avoid Leaving Money on the Table and Overpricing Our Solutions
- Understand the building blocks of world-class pricing (they don’t include cost-plus pricing).
- Do you want to have price drive sales? Build a profit? Achieve something else? Set prices to meet your goals.
- Learn how to realize higher prices even in highly competitive markets as well as strategies to avoid reducing prices.
Course 4: Communicating Our Value to Drive Purchasing and Loyalty
- Build and implement a value proposition or “why buy” statement.
- Gain insight into creating a great brand.
- Learn how to reach customers, using social media and traditional media to carry the “why buy us” story.
Areas of Expertise Pricing, Marketing Strategy, Business to Business Marketing Academic Degrees BS, University of Florida PhD, Purdue University Professional Experience Marketing positions in Pepsico and Schneider Transport before gaining my PhD. Consulting and Executive Education: IBM, Ingers...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.